New York Giants safety Antrel Rolle has been named as one of the recipients of the 34rd annual Thurman Munson Award, which recognizes him for both his on-field contributions, as well as his charitable contributions within the community.
In addition to Rolle, New York Yankees center fielder Brett Gardner, New York Mets pitcher Dillon Gee, retired New York Knicks superstar Bernard King and Major League Baseball Broadcasters David Cone (YES Network) and Jim Kaat (MLB Network) have also been named honorees.
Meanwhile, Corporate Hero Award recipients will include Nicholas Schorsch, Chairman and CEO of American Realty Capital Properties and William Kahane, CEO of RCS Capital.
The group will collectively receive their awards at a gala remembering the former Yankees captain at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in New York City on Tuesday, February 4th. Proceeds from the event will benefit AHRC New York City, which helps support programs for children, teens and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Former honorees include, but are not limited to, former Giants defensive tackle Chris Canty (2013), Muhammed Ali, Yogi Berra, Mariano Rivera, Willis Reed, Walt Frazier, Earl Monroe, Patrick Ewing, Harry Carson, Jim Brown, Tom Seaver and Gary Carter.
For tickets and information on the Munson Awards Dinner call 212-249-6188.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants’ Antrel Rolle Named a 2013 AP Second Team All-Pro
- No New York Giants Named to 2014 Pro Bowl; Antrel Rolle Calls His Snub a “Joke”
- Antrel Rolle Open to a Contract Extension with New York Giants; Wants to Retire a Giant
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/16fq