January 3rd, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Have you ever had a Dallas Cowboys fan repeatedly drill home that they're considered "America's Team?" Well, if so, you now have some bad news for them as a recent Public Policy Polling poll indicated that not only are the Cowboys not "America's Team," but they're actually the least liked team in the NFL.

A whopping 23% of all fans polled listed the Cowboys as their least favorite team, with the next closest being the Chicago Bears at 13%. Perhaps somewhat ironically, the Giants were listed as the fifth most disliked team in the league with 5% of the vote, which was the same percentage given to them when the poll asked fans who their most favorite team was. In that particular instance, the Giants' 5% had them ranked 7th overall with the Denver Broncos leading the way at 14%.

Although the Cowboys were voted the least liked team in the NFL, they were also voted the second most popular team in league at 12%. In other words, either you love the boys from Arlington or you hate them. There appears to be no real middle ground.

The plus-minus for this poll was 3.6%.

Other results from poll:

• Peyton Manning (22%) was voted America's favorite quarterback. By comparison, Eli Manning (4%) ranked higher than only Cam Newton.
  • Despite ranking low in the QB comparison poll, 53% of participants said they had a "favorable" opinion of Eli, while 13% said they had an unfavorable opinion of him.
  • When the question was posed bluntly, 60% of participants said the Cowboys were not America's Team.

Photo credit: tedkerwin / Foter.com / CC BY

Tags: Chicago, Chicago Bears, Dallas, Dallas Cowboys, Denver, Denver Broncos, Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL

57 Responses to “New York Giants are America’s 7th Favorite NFL Team; Dallas Cowboys are Least Favorite: Poll”

1 2 3 4

re-post:

fanfor55years says:
    January 3, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I got nothin’ for Gilbride. I suppose I could come up with a few, but I’m so glad we’ll get a new look that I just don’t want to think about him any longer.

But I do want to say that I am firmly convinced that Coughlin’s remarks, along with Pugh’s, indicate clearly that the Giants intend to shift the kid inside next season (I still say he’s going to wind up our center) and that they will select an offensive tackle with their first pick in April. I think doing so is the right thing and will lead to the renaissance of a unit that was allowed to deteriorate right in front of the many fans who saw it happening, and screamed about it, as the coaches simply allowed it to proceed. The choice last April of Pugh, and Hankins (and Jenkins and Patterson) and what I believe will be critical free agency moves and then draft picks in April, are, I believe, driven by John Mara and his better assessment of this team than many of the people who are supposed to be his hired experts.

I’m grateful that we seem to have an owner who, while he is slow to burn, certainly burns bright when he decides something must be done. Speaking of which, okay, I’ll give you a good “Gilbride”:

“I DIDN’T Stay at a Holiday Inn, and That Didn’t Work Out So Well”. Coming soon to a Super Bowl commercial near you.

•  kujo says:

You know that them moving Pugh inside will do two things:

1) Vindicate my long-gestating belief that they should and ought to draft an interior linemen in the 1st round

and

2) Cause Demo’s ginormous head to tilt right the heck off of its access.

•  kujo says:

Oh. And your joke was as flat as our offense in the red zone. Sonic boooooooom!

•  rlhjr says:

rlhjr says Pugh is NYG center. Right about the time he was drafted.
        Kids a natiural center IMHO. Plus gifted enough to hold his own at each OL position. Keeper? I’ll say.

C’mon, even after the revelation that he was living at a hotel for the past three years? I guess the joke was too sophisticated. LOL.

2.  KingAndrewXXIII says:

Not sure if my Gilbride memoir title has been submitted. I’ve joked about this among the G101 facebook chat for sometime now, but I’ve always said “Musings of a Mustache: Mastering The Shotgun Draw” would be an excellent title should Gilbride ever pen a book.

Interesting to see TC come out and say they want Pugh to add 10-12 pounds and that he could be on the move along the line. Wonder if it will be to LT or somewhere along the interior?

•  rlhjr says:

The additional weiight and hopefully strength will serve him well no matter where they put him.

3.  Nosh.0 says:

“f-U-c-/K it, just throw it deep” – The Tao of Kevin Gilbride

4.  Nosh.0 says:

“Everything was the same” Gilbride featuring Drake.

Possible Gilbride book/movie …

“8 1/2 … or Second Down”

“A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Endzone”

“How to Succeed in Football Without Really Trying”

6.  Chad Eldred says:

“Catch-0TD”

7.  skinnydoogan says:

“The last temptation of the shotgun draw”

8.  skinnydoogan says:

“The nightmare on route 120″

“Close Encounters of the Third and Long Kind”

10.  skinnydoogan says:

“paranormal activity, in the endzone”

1 2 3 4