Have you ever had a Dallas Cowboys fan repeatedly drill home that they're considered "America's Team?" Well, if so, you now have some bad news for them as a recent Public Policy Polling poll indicated that not only are the Cowboys not "America's Team," but they're actually the least liked team in the NFL.
A whopping 23% of all fans polled listed the Cowboys as their least favorite team, with the next closest being the Chicago Bears at 13%. Perhaps somewhat ironically, the Giants were listed as the fifth most disliked team in the league with 5% of the vote, which was the same percentage given to them when the poll asked fans who their most favorite team was. In that particular instance, the Giants' 5% had them ranked 7th overall with the Denver Broncos leading the way at 14%.
Although the Cowboys were voted the least liked team in the NFL, they were also voted the second most popular team in league at 12%. In other words, either you love the boys from Arlington or you hate them. There appears to be no real middle ground.
The plus-minus for this poll was 3.6%.
Other results from poll:
- Peyton Manning (22%) was voted America's favorite quarterback. By comparison, Eli Manning (4%) ranked higher than only Cam Newton.
- Despite ranking low in the QB comparison poll, 53% of participants said they had a "favorable" opinion of Eli, while 13% said they had an unfavorable opinion of him.
- When the question was posed bluntly, 60% of participants said the Cowboys were not America's Team.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/16bf