The New York Giants missed the playoffs and not a single member of their team was named to the 2014 NFL Pro Bowl after a disappointing 7-9 finish. But the Associated Press decided to go against the grain, and although he missed out on first-team honors, safety Antrel Rolle has been named a 2013 Second Team All-Pro.
Very vocal about his Pro Bowl snub, which he called a "joke," Rolle gets at least some vindication with his All-Pro Second Team honor. He played lights out for the Giants this past season, really coming into his own as a defensive leader and playmaker on the field.
“Tell me which safety has better numbers and made more game changing plays than me this year? I’ll wait!” Rolle tweeted after his Pro snub. “This Pro Bowl shit is a joke. … That’s why I play for myself, teammates, organization, family and fans. Nothing else matters. All this has done is added more fuel to my fire!”
The Pro Bowl snub actually cost Rolle $100,000 in incentives that were written into his contract, but depending on the wording, he may have been able to recoup some of or all of that money with his All-Pro Second Team award.
Earl Thomas (Seattle Seahawks) and Eric Berry (Kansas City Chiefs) were named First Team All-Pro's at safety, while Eric Weddle (San Diego Chargers), Kam Chancellor (Seattle Seahawks), Jairus Byrd (Buffalo Bills), T.J. Ward (Cleveland Browns) and Devin McCourty (New England Patriots) joined Rolle on the second team.
No other Giants were named to either the First or Second Team as an All-Pro.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- No New York Giants Named to 2014 Pro Bowl; Antrel Rolle Calls His Snub a “Joke”
- New York Giants’ Antrel Rolle: I Had Many Sleepless Nights When Team was 0-6
- New York Giants’ Antrel Rolle: Leader, Motivator & 2014 Pro Bowl Snub
- Antrel Rolle Open to a Contract Extension with New York Giants; Wants to Retire a Giant
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/16b9