On Monday, the New York Giants announced their first series of offseason transactions with the signing of eight players to Reserve/Futures contracts. And, as is most commonly the case with the first group of Reserve/Futures players, all eight had been on Big Blue's practice squad.
The players signed include defensive end Kendrick Adams, tackle Steven Baker, running back Kendall Gaskins, wide receiver Marcus Harris and defensive backs Travis Howard, Junior Mertile, Chaz Powell and Ross Weaver.
Of the players signed, Harris has the most NFL experience, having been with both the Giants and Detroit Lions over the last two seasons. Behind him, Powell, Weaver, Adams and Baker each have one year of experience, with Gaskins, Howard and Mertile all, essentially, rookies.
Prior to joining the Giants earlier this year, Gaskins had spent time with both the Buffalo Bills and Tennessee Titans, while Howard spent time with the New England Patriots and Houston Texans.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
You're not an average fan, so why wear an average shirt to represent your team? LogoWear brings some originality to the game and will help you be the star of your team's following - not the third guy in off the bench. Your team isn't just another team. Don't be caught wearing just another shirt. Make a statement with LogoWear!Chaz Powell, Football, Junior Mertile, Kendall Gaskins, Kendrick Adams, Marcus Harris, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Ross Weaver, Steven Baker, Travis Howard
- New York Giants Place Cooper Taylor on Injured Reserve; Sign Eric Herman from Practice Squad
- New York Giants Place David Baas on Injured Reserve; Re-Sign Darin Drakeford to Practice Squad
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/163h