Washington Redskins @ New York Giants: Giants Gameday

December 29th, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Week 17
Dec. 29th, 2013
Washington RedskinsNew York Giants
Game Details
Time: 1:00 PM EDT
Stadium: MetLife Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)
Broadcast: FOX
O – Brandon Mosley
Q – Rueben Randle
Q – Trumaine McBride
O-Out D-Doubtful Q-Questionable P-Probable

Player/Coach Quotes:

Justin Tuck:

"They’ve changed a few things. Their identity is still very, very familiar, we’re still familiar with that," Tuck said of the Redskins. "It starts with that running back, it starts with Morris, and it starts with that zone scheme. Cousins comes in, he’s done a great job, that team has kind of rallied behind him. They’ve played well the last two games, had opportunities to win both of them, so we’re going to be in a dogfight. We know this team and they know us. It’s just going to come down to who executes the best."

David Diehl:

“I’m not thinking about long-term now — it isn’t going to help me on Sunday,” Diehl said. “What I’m doing is focusing on this one game, focusing on making sure that I’m healing myself up, getting ready to go and getting ready to go out there and play like I always do. We play for one another, we play for our team, we play for this organization, we play for the New York and New Jersey area. It means a lot to be a Giant and I think each and every one of us feels that way and we want to close it that way.”

Hakeem Nicks:

""We will fight to the end and we believe in one another. We won't punch out until it is time to punch out. We just have to take things for what it is and finish this last game strong," Nicks said.

Inactives:

New York Giants – Jason Pierre-Paul, Victor Cruz, Ryan Nassib, Brandon Mosley, Adrien Robinson, Allen Bradford and Eric Herman.

Washington Redskins – Robert Griffin III, Joshua Morgan, Chase Minnifield, J.D. Walton, Josh Leribeus, Adrian Robinson and Brian Orakpo.

Tags: Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL

242 Responses to “Washington Redskins @ New York Giants: Giants Gameday”

1 2 3 ... 14
  1.  rlhjr says:

I can count on seeing this down in good ole Virginia……..cant wait.

2.  turkish says:

Let’s get a W today boys! End on a positive note for the season!

3.  William says:

If nothing else a TC lead team is consistent over the years. He has a historical habit of winning meaningless late games in rather ugly style over the years. Not saying its a bad habit just a trend over the years.
    However, if they lose it will be a blowout loss as the historic trend would also point too. I just don’t think the Skins are that good, so look for the “fugly win”.

While this year didn’t turn out like any of us had hoped … let’s remember that every team in the NFL would trade their next 8 seasons for our last 8.

The league is an engine of parity. Everything is geared to drag you back to the pack. It’s the job of the GM and coaching staff to defeat their aims. It’s damn difficult … and we’ve done it twice. So yeah, 2013 was a bad ride … but we’ve had a couple great ones too. Not many can boast of that. I’m counting my football blessings.

•  turkish says:

Hear, Hear!

•  GIANTT says:

Totally agree and now comes the part of the season that a team like the Giants can turn it around in a short time b/c of the parity in the NFL . Good draft position and a weaker schedule AND the Giants will play the NFC east which I still think has a way to go to get back to its glory days of every team potentially threatening to make the playoffs . This will be a quick turn around .

5.  GIANTT says:

I dont expect anything spectacular between these two teams . I see Orakpo is out whic will definitely help the Giants
    I think a running game is key in this weather so the Giants defense will have to contain Morris and on the other side of the ball Cox will have to show his stuff .
    Heres hoping the Oline can play a half decent game and rise above expectations

I never root against the team once they put the ball in play. But I must admit that it’s a significant difference between drafting 9th and drafting 15th.

7.  Aziz Mohamed says:

Is there anything worth saying in regards to this o-line anymore? I can’t even rag on this team anymore.

We really need a short passing attack. The OL is terrible, but we don’t make things any better with these long developing plays.

9.  Aziz Mohamed says:

How many tackles is Beason at right now? 100 with 13 games played would be very god.

10.  BleedingBlueSince04 says:

Having mixed feelings about this game. So pissed we sucked this bad this year. By far the worst offense we haveput on the field in 10 years. At least we could run the ball in Eli’s rookie year .

1 2 3 ... 14