Brown made all three of his field goal attempts, including one from 52-yards, one from 41-yards and, of course, the 45-yard game-winner in overtime. It was also the first time in franchise history that a Giants kicker made all of his field goals from 40 yards or beyond.
This marks the fifth time in Brown's career that he's won a Special Teams Player of the Week award, but only the first since Week 8 of the 2009 season when he was with the St. Louis Rams.
The last Giant to win an NFC Special Teams Player of the Week award was kick returner David Wilson in Week 14 of 2012. The last Giants kicker to win the award was Lawrence Tynes in Week 3 of 2012.
Brown is the fourth Giant to win an NFC Player of the Week award this season, joining cornerback Terrell Thomas (Week 8), defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul (Week 11) and defensive end Justin Tuck (Week 13).
Wide receiver Jerrel Jernigan was also nominated for NFC Offensive Player of the Week, but was beaten out by Philadelphia Eagles running back LeSean McCoy.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
You're not an average fan, so why wear an average shirt to represent your team? LogoWear brings some originality to the game and will help you be the star of your team's following - not the third guy in off the bench. Your team isn't just another team. Don't be caught wearing just another shirt. Make a statement with LogoWear!Detroit, Detroit Lions, Football, Josh Brown, New York, New York Giants, NFL
- New York Giants’ Terrell Thomas Named NFC Defensive Player of the Week
- New York Giants’ Jason Pierre-Paul Named NFC Defensive Player of the Week
- New York Giants DE Justin Tuck Named NFC Defensive Player of the Week
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15wu