The New York Giants released their final injury report on Friday afternoon, and as expected, wide receiver Victor Cruz (knee) has been ruled out against the Detroit Lions and will miss the remainder of the season. The team will also be without running back Peyton Hillis (concussion), defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul (shoulder) and safety Cooper Taylor (hamstring), who have all been ruled out for Sunday as well.
In addition to the players already ruled out, the Giants listed offensive lineman David Diehl (knee) as doubtful, while guard James Brewer (ankle) and wide receiver Jerrel Jernigan (ankle) are each listed as questionable.
The good news is that cornerbacks Terrell Thomas (knee) and Trumaine McBride (hamstring), as well as defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins (shin/quad) all practiced on consecutive days and are listed as probable for Sunday.
In the event both Diehl and Brewer don't play come Sunday, the Giants will likely go with Dallas Reynolds and Brandon Mosley as their starting guards (or Reynolds to center and Kevin Boothe back to guard). Meanwhile, if Jernigan can't suit up against the Lions, Julian Talley, who was recently signed off of the practice squad, would likely start as the slot receiver.
"He'll get some chances [on Sunday]," Coughlin said of Talley.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
You're not an average fan, so why wear an average shirt to represent your team? LogoWear brings some originality to the game and will help you be the star of your team's following - not the third guy in off the bench. Your team isn't just another team. Don't be caught wearing just another shirt. Make a statement with LogoWear!Cooper Taylor, Detroit, Detroit Lions, Football, Jason Pierre-Paul, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Peyton Hillis, Victor Cruz
- New York Giants’ Victor Cruz Undergoes Knee Surgery; Ruled Out Vs. Detroit Lions
- New York Giants’ Corey Webster & Jason Pierre-Paul Out; Brandon Jacobs Doubtful Vs. Chargers
- New York Giants’ Corey Webster, Jason Pierre-Paul & Cooper Taylor Out Vs. Seattle Seahawks
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15s1