Antrel Rolle pulls no punches. He never has, he never will and he doesn't backtrack on the things he says. For that reason, it should come as absolutely no surprise that the veteran New York Giants safety lit up the airwaves on Tuesday afternoon during his weekly spot with WFAN.
With the talk of the town focused on a divide in the Giants' locker-room — something openly acknowledged by Mathias Kiwanuka — Rolle admits that frustration has boiled over. In fact, Rolle says, it's been so bad and so eye-opening, that an offseason shake-up is entirely necessary.
“I think this is something that is an eye-opener,” Rolle said. “It’s an eye-opener to everyone. To myself, to Eli, to coach Coughlin, to management. Some things need to be shaken up. That’s the reality of it."
One of the biggest issues facing Big Blue, the captain feels, is their mindset.
Unlike their Week 15 opponents, the Seattle Seahawks, Rolle feels the Giants just don't have that crazed dog mentality. He references the Seahawks organization specifically, noting that they "weren't that good" only a few years ago, but now truly believe they're the best in the business — and that's something that has shown on the field.
“This year, obviously, it’s too late. We still have two games to go and we’re going to fight like hell. Come next year, come this off-season, things need to be addressed as far as the overall mindset. I think that’s something that’s extremely needed right now in our locker room," he said.
At the end of the day, Rolle says success on the football field is predominantly mental: “It’s about trying to get the win at all costs.”
They've been there before, they've done that before and Rolle feels they can do it again.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
You're not an average fan, so why wear an average shirt to represent your team? LogoWear brings some originality to the game and will help you be the star of your team's following - not the third guy in off the bench. Your team isn't just another team. Don't be caught wearing just another shirt. Make a statement with LogoWear!Antrel Rolle, Football, Mathias Kiwanuka, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Seattle, Seattle Seahawks
- New York Giants’ Antrel Rolle: I Really Don’t Believe That Everyone Here Believes We Can Win
- New York Giants’ Antrel Rolle on Loss to Carolina Panthers: “I Can Never Have That Feeling Again”
- New York Giants’ Antrel Rolle: We Need to Get Nasty; Have a Bit More Dog in Us
- New York Giants’ Antrel Rolle Says Pressure is Still on; Team Must “Win Out”
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/15pc