December 3rd, 2013 at 11:00 AM

The NFL released their Week 15 flex schedule on Monday, and for the New York Giants and Seattle Seahawks, nothing changes. Despite being a potential flex game, the NFL opted to leave their kickoff in East Rutherford, NJ at 1:00 PM EST.

In addition to the Giants and Seahawks remaining in their original time slot, the Pittsburgh Steelers-Cincinnati Bengals game also remains in place on NBC's Sunday Night Football, while NFL Network's Thursday Night Football will still feature the San Diego Chargers taking on the Denver Broncos.

The only two games the NFL opted to flex in Week 15 were the St. Louis Rams vs. New Orleans Saints and Arizona Cardinals vs. Tennessee Titans games. Both of those have been moved to 4:25 PM EST and will be aired on local FOX affiliates.

The NFL routinely uses flex scheduling from Week 11 through Week 17 to ensure "quality matchups" in all Sunday time slots, and allows teams to earn their way into late-afternoon (FOX/CBS) and/or primetime games.

Back in Week 11, the struggling Giants were flexed out of their Sunday night game against the Green Bay Packers, instead moving to a 4:25 PM EST start.

photo credit: Mike L Photo's via photopin cc

You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?

Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!

Tags: Football, Green Bay, Green Bay Packers, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Seattle, Seattle Seahawks

10 Responses to “Week 15 Game Between New York Giants and Seattle Seahawks Remains a 1 PM EST Start”

BBG,

Vernon Davis ran a 4.38 at the combine at 250. So, yes I’m saying Ebron isn’t close to him as a FREAK athlete because he’s not. Ebron is very talented but more like A healthy Winslow or Aaron Hernandez both who were excellent players.

F55,

I agree with BBG in that I think Nicks is healthy. He doesn’t look good so it’s certainly not out of the realm he’s hurt. But he’s looks healthy when running to me.

I don’t think we play like the season is over yet. Philly and Dallas IMO are just not good enough to not play it out when we are alive. I know it’s very very unlikely. This weekend will tell us if we have a chance within reason. So I don’t think we IR JPP unless it’s necessary. While I want to see Mosley play, you stick with Diehl at least one more week. One thing that can be done is to give Hankins and guys like Donnell more snaps.

One thing I do agree with BBG about is that a dynamic TE would help Eli a lot. I just think a TE like Jenkins from Washington who’s 6’6″ 265 and athletic is more like what he needs.

Thank goodness they didn’t flex that game. I’m really looking forward to it. Not because I think we’ll win, but because I want to see if we will compete well against the best team in the NFL. This game will be a real test for a lot of players in Blue. How will they do when the Big Boys roll into town?

I actually view the game this Sunday and the next two as the real litmus test for this team this season. San Diego is just like us, a team that has found ways to lose though it has talent. They’re home and we’re traveling across the country. Will we compete or lay an egg. Then Seattle rolls in and struts the stage, wanting to show New York just how good they are right now (don’t think Carroll won’t be talking about how they want to be a hit on Broadway….that’s the kind of motivation he uses). Will we make it a game or get humiliated? And then we head to Detroit to play a team that will need a win for playoff implications and will be at home and has a defensive front eager to end Eli’s consecutive game streak by rendering him unavailable for the last game of the season.

I’m looking forward to all this. It’s going to be fun.

3.  JimStoll says:

The seahawks game won’t be flexed because the league is expecting a 50-0 blowout that has no playoff implications
    they will opt for a meaningful game

someone referred to LJ on the the last thread as a “great DT in his contract year”
    since when did he become great?
    a bit more than ok perhaps; great is way over-stated

i agree with FF (again harping back to the last thread) that real game reps are far more telling than practice reps

I also agree that we are unlikely to see any young back-ups play unless injury so dictates

I have to rib FF on his assertion that the Giants should be “deep into self-valuation”
    the next time that happens will be the first time

we’ll never know the true Nicks story until he’s in Carolina next year; and then we’ll probably get competing stories so the truth will never be known

FF’s hyperbolic assertion that “pugh may be elite” is more wishful thinking than fact
    the line has stunk all year in every way
    he’s stunk less than the other 4 positions(8 guys); but that only means he’s better on a relative basis. I’ve seen nothing to suggest he is headed for greatness.
    Beaty on the other hand has made a great case this year that his greatest skill is fleecing the Giants out of a boat-load of money

As for Brewer and Mosely, I don’t know how anyone seriously assesses their future potential when the entire unit can’t seem to run block or pass protect

Pugh has handled himself pretty darn well for a rookie. he has been the most consistent lineman and has been improving every week. If he keeps progressing at this pace he will, in time, be an elite player. I don’t know if he’ll keep progressing so all I can say is he “might” become that, but you should recognize the potential there.

And Brewer has played two full games now and done pretty well. He missed a few blocks on Sunday but has otherwise acquitted himself quite well. And his run-blocking against the Cowboys was quite impressive. It isn’t his fault if the clowns around him stink. There is no way to assess Mosley yet because they won’t let him play. Which is stupid.

•  Chad Eldred says:

Agree on Linval Joseph. Above average DT. Definitely not a star or our the oft-abused term “elite.” I give him extra points for being healthy and consistent.

Disagree on Pugh. He has done well relative the baseline for rookie tackles. Not fair at all to simply say he’s the best of a bad bunch. Tell me what the rest of the tackles taken in the first round are doing? Eric Fisher and Lane Johnson have been decent, but also have had considerable growing pains. Luke Joeckel is done for the year. Pugh was a good pick and Reese deserves credit for it.

First let me say that I thought before the year Seattle was clearly best team in the NFL and still feel that way today. They are even in NY a clearly better team than us. But I feel like we have a good chance for a few reasons:

1) If Seattle wins next week like I think they will they clinch their division and a first round bye.

2) They will have a 2.5 game lead on the winner of Car and NO with 3 games left so home field will be essentially clinched as well.

3) They would have played huge games back to back against NO and SF that meant everything and they won both.

These all mean that they will be in for a massive let down against us. I think we get their C game at best. We can beat their C game if we play really well. don’t forget that this same team came extremely close to losing to TB and STL so they have played down to their competition before.

If had to pick one team in the NFL that reminds me of our 2011 team it’s Detroit. they have enough talent to beat anyone, anywhere when they bring their A game but they also have the ability to lose to almost anyone, anywhere because they are inconsistent and beat themselves a lot. Stafford in some ways reminds me of Eli because he plays some great ball but makes some head scratching errors at times. their DL reminds me of the type of DL we had. And they have a player in megatron that can win a game almost single handedly.

•  JimStoll says:

haven’t watched them enough to say, but their record suggests you may be right
      assuming we get blasted by Seattle the week before and Detroit is playing for something, and given their coach’s d!ckhead personality, they could be the firast team to put up 70 points since the Skins beat us 72-41 in 1966

Seattle is a different team on the road … but I still suspect a righteous beating.