November 18th, 2013 at 4:30 PM
By Doug Rush

During the New York Giants 27-13 victory over the Green Bay Packers on Sunday, there was a report going out saying that the NFL was going to announce that the Giants Week 13 game against the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field would be flexed off NBC's Sunday Night Football.

However on Monday, the NFL announced that it would not flex the Giants-Redskins game from NBC's broadcast and it will remain the primetime game on Sunday, December 1 and won't be replaced by the re-match between the Kansas City Chiefs and Denver Broncos or the rumored Philadelphia Eagles taking on the Arizona Cardinals.

The Giants game against the Packers on Sunday was originally supposed to be broadcasted on NBC, but was flexed out a couple weeks ago and replaced by the 8-1 Broncos taking on the 9-0 Chiefs; a game that Denver won and handed Kansas City its first loss of the season.

With two weeks left until that game, the league could still change their mind and flex the Giants-Redskins out of the primetime slot if they wanted to, but from the looks of things, the game will still be on NBC for the time being.

Photo credit: MattBritt00 / Foter.com / CC BY-NC-SA

You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?

Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!

Tags: Football, Green Bay Packers, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Washington Redskins

51 Responses to “New York Giants-Washington Redskins Week 13 Game Will Remain on NBC’s Sunday Night Football”

1 2 3

When I said I could see us getting to 6-6 (to the bemusement of nearly everyone) when we were 0-6, THIS was actually the game that worried me more than any other. I know the Skins’ defense is a mess and that if we can stop Morris we’ll beat them, but it’s a division game in their building and their defensive coordinator has had Gilbride’s and Eli’s number for years. He has outguessed them consistently, created ways to confuse Eli’s reads, and had his guys in positions to make plays against us for years. Add the Cofield factor (I never resented the guy for leaving, but now I can’t stand him because of his knowledge of what we like to do and the keys he obviously taught the coaching staff and players in Washington quite well).

It’s a game we SHOULD win. But I think it’s likely to be a real struggle.

I disagree with you some here. I think given the strength of our defense Dallas is the more difficult challenge than Washington even if banged up. Because Dallas with Bryant, witten and the rookie WR are deep enough the take advantage of McBride and TT. Prince is fine against most #1s but will need help with Bryant. So McBride and Thomas will see a lot of single coverage which is scary if we can’t get a better and more consistent pass rush. We will stop Dallas’ run but they don’t need it to beat us, Romo just has to be great which he is capable of doing. Washington needs to run the ball. I don’t think anyone will consistently run the ball against us this year. So take away Morris early and Washington is not beating us. Though I admit Haslet scares me way more than Kiffin as a DC.

Both games I think we should and will win. But neither is easy. Romo is the best passer we have faced since Cutler.

This shows the progress we have made. Who would have thought at 0-6 with the Redskins now in last place that they still would keep us in primetime. NBC is beating on us winning against Dallas and thus having the chance to even out our record on national TV. People love a redemption story so the NFL was smarter than it looks if we beat Dallas.

I’m excited and I feel we all should be. Even the BBG and Jim’s of the world. Why? Because we have a real live big football game against a division rival in late November. It’s something that few of us even thought was possible. But no matter what it took to get us here we are here.

I believe this team has magic in it and one of the big reasons I believe after sitting back besides the obvious for our turn around I believe is Brandon Jacobs. I was one who didn’t want him back at all because I believed he was done. I was wrong. He has given a legit fulltime effort against the bears and several quality pitch in efforts like yesterday. But more than that I think the emotional and fighter spirit that he brings is something that had been missing even last year. Except for the 2nd half of the Carolina game no one has questioned the effort this year. Even at 0-4, 0-5 and 0-6. I think Jacobs is partly responsible leadership wise.

Definitely other leaders starting with Rolle are large reasons as well. I just wanted to give credit to a guy I didn’t think could help but has in a big way. This second run for BJ has given me more respect for BJ. It makes me think twice about letting a guy like Tuck walk. Even Diehl. I know we always want change a new players. But there’s something special about this group that’s brought us 2 SBs. They are far from perfect but there’s something in there will deep down that comes out that most groups just don’t have. You even see it with the Steelers as well. It’s more than just the franchises and the coaches. It’s having great football character. To be 0-6 in NY and the butt of so many jokes to come off the floor is more difficult than some think. If you’re not there emotionally you will even lose to back teams with backup QBs i.e. Houston yesterday. I wouldn’t be surprised if our leader and best player Eli got off the mat and played 6 brilliant weeks of football.

3.  BleedingBlueSince04 says:

Order of guys we need to resign for next year in priority .
    1) beason
    2) landfill/ tuck/ Terrell Thomas / will hill
    3) nicks if the price is right 8mill 9 mill the most .if not tag him
    4) boothe and Diehl for depth .

Cut Myers , snee, baas, Webster

This has more to do with the enduring RG3 suckfest than it does with us. They want him on TV in prime time … home … against a team they can beat.

5.  kujo says:

Yeah, whatever.

Let get back to our regular dose of the sweet sounds of FF55 slobbing on his own knob as though it were corn on the cob.

Would it help if I said that I called the fake punt yesterday? Everyone around me at the stadium knows that’s the truth. But it was obvious to me because why take the penalty when we would have had the ball on the 14. Only reason would be if they planned the fake.

•  kujo says:

To be honest, I really did call that fake punt as well. At the time, I turned to my brother in law–who, like a true mensch, rescued me from the TV-less “birthday party” his wife engineered for him by demanding we relocate to our local brewery so that I can watch the game, even though he doesn’t like football–and said “Watch, they’ll fake this punt. We suck on special teams, so I bet they’ll try to catch us.”

Only a great play by Paysinger saved us. Neither the coaches nor the players saw it coming. Inexcusable because the decision-making process screamed “fake”.

•  Chad Eldred says:

Can’t disagree. How this special teams unit cannot be on the alert for a fake is beyond me. As crappy as they have played they should be EXPECTING fakes, onsides kicks, etc.

6.  Nosh.0 says:

Not trying to disrespect anyone here, but if Nicks keeps his current level of play up, he will not sniff 8-9 mill per. Won’t even be able to ask for it with a straight face.

There is no way JR will franchise him or pay him close to that type of money. The only way he’s here next season is if the market does’t offer him anything good, and I’m talking like we get him at 3-4 mill.

8-9 mill has left the building for Nicks. So has 6-7. 4-5 may even be pushing it at his current level.

Now if he turns back the clock these next 6 weeks then he may be able to at least talk Cruz numbers. But right now, this current version of Hakeem Nicks isn’t worth close to what it was in 2011.

And no I don’t think his attitude is a problem. That’s a ridiculous statement with absolutely no basis. Just pure fan speculation. His real problem is that the burst/explosion/speed is gone.

•  BleedingBlueSince04 says:

Agreed. Deff not the same Hakeem that carried us in the playoffs in 2011 or that Hakeem from last years Tampa bay game. He’ll get 7 mil a year without question

I think your point is correct but the number is too low. If he doesn’t get better from here he shouldn’t get Cruz money but will get something like $6-7MM in a long-term deal or around $5-6MM in a short-term “prove it” deal. That’s assuming doctors believe his knee will heal in the second season back from surgery.

•  Dirt says:

Nosh,

You were adamant this off season about Cruz and his value. While I love Nicks more than most, I was with you in the sense that you pay Cruz (and Nicks) because he’s a playmaking and ball catching machine.

I then took it one step further and, to my knowledge, was the first to proclaim Cruz as a future Hall of Famer.

Because I’m on the john, I decided to look up some stats. If Cruz, who always catches balls and stays relatively healthy, keeps up this seasons pace of 5.8 catches/game for the rest of this year and 8 more years, he’d be 9th on the all time list in catches (of course that list will probably change between now and then). You throw in his knack to make monster plays, his general persona, and, yes, I still believe this cat Cruz makes the HOF if things break his way for the rest of his career.

I think this could be the night the world realizes the Panthers are to be taken very seriously.

•  jfunk says:

Agreed. Carolina D is for real and can hold the Pats in check.

The only question (IMO) is can Bill trick Cam into making too many mistakes?

8.  jfunk says:

jerseyrich says:
    November 18, 2013 at 12:28 PM
    Dead money is not an issue…..cutting Baas would still save the Giants just under 2 mill in cap space. The Giants have enough money in the coffers to pay Baas off. As fans. the only numbers we need concern ourselves with are “cap number” and “cap savings when released”. The billionaires have to worry about guaranteed dead money, not us.
    ———————————————-

“Dead money” IS cap dollars. It’s the amount of cap space taken up by a player no longer on the roster.

No amount of money in the owners’ coffers can fix the hit of a player already on the roster getting cut while he still has pro-rated bonus money on the books (there is no such thing as “paying him off”).

Correct, and why Baas is likely to return and hopefully justify his contract for at least ONE year of its length.

I see starting o-line next season being Beatty, Mosley, Baas, Snee (if they can’t get him to retire) or a highly-drafted rookie or free agent pick-up, and Pugh. Brewer, Cordle and Diehl all have good chances of making roster. Boothe will be gone. Even if Snee returns I expect them to draft a rookie O-lineman high. They need to get that done (and draft another before getting too deep into he draft).

•  jerseyrich says:

Jfunk….I stated my point incorrectly. Cap number (which is the term I should have used) and dead money are two different things though. The difference between the 2 is the cap savings, which is the important number to look at when determining the player’s importance. By money “in the coffers” I was talking about the money that the owners have to dish out on the guaranteed parts of the deal (which is a fair amount of the dead money in a lot of instances). Being that they are generally paid up front, “paying off” was a bad term to use…..my bad.

9.  Andiamo P says:

The Witch Hunt for Hakeem Nicks is getting to be more than I can handle.

Nicks, RR, and Cruz all pretty much have the same Catch to Target ratio. Yes, Nicks doesn’t have as many targets or catches as Cruz, but he is still on pace for 900-1000 yards this year. and if he has just 1 big game he will probably go over that.

Other sites think Nicks is tanking the season. Saying he begged out of the game in the green zone. He wants to put his long term health above his team.

this is just nonsense to me. I think the only thing going on here is that the Giants are clearly trying to target Randle more, and it just so happens to directly interfere with Nicks’ plans of trying to cash in big during FA.

Look, it’s a business, that’s all it is, calling it like it is doesn’t make the Giants coaches and front office bad people. But this effort to turn it around and place blame on Nicks is unnecessary.

•  Dirt says:

When the season is over, I vow to watch every single Giants game on Game Rewind in the All 22 view and give an honest assessment of the current physical attributes of Nicks.

I didn’t spend much time watching him last week, but he looked to be moving well and getting open well when I did see him.

Dirt, you’ll see that his closing speed in passes is not what it was and his vertical lift is not as explosive. He’s just missing that extra burst in his legs. I think it will return in the second year after surgery which is why I definitely want to keep him, but he may never quite be the player he was in 2011

•  Dirt says:

I hope you’re wrong. A bunch of people are saying it so you’re probably right. I just wanna see it for myself. Because, as we all should know (but some don’t want to admit), you can tell sh|t about what happens downfield on television.

Nosh I disagree about Nicks. Not only is Nicks viewed as an outside #1 type WR but he will also be a pure free agent. Greg Jennings at 30 came off a worse injury filled year and still was given a 5 year, $50 mil contract. Being a free agent and a outside #1 WR is just different. Cruz would have been in line for 10 mil too if he was going to be a free agent.

1 2 3