November 7th, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Back in late September, it was reported that former New York Giants running back Jermaine Green was shot five times by Daytona Beach Police as he was holding his girlfriend, Katrina Johnson, at knife point. Now, video of the horrifying ordeal has been released.

Warning: The video is not safe for work (NSFW) and should not be viewed by young children.

"They give him multiple commands, 'Drop the knife, drop the knife, drop the knife,' but they were left with no other recourse because you see him start to plunge the knife into her chest and they had no other choice to save her life but to open fire," Daytona Beach Police Chief Mike Chitwood said at the time.

Johnson, 37, was struck in the arm during the ordeal, but suffered no major injuries. After the incident, she gave a statement to the police saying she feared for her life.

Green, who played running back at Washington State University, signed with the New York Giants in 2004, but only spent training camp with the team prior to being released.

You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?

Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!

Tags: Football, Jermaine Green, New York, New York Giants, NFL

Short URL:

28 Responses to “Newly Released Video Shows Police Shooting Former Giants Running Back Jermaine Green”

1.  LUZZ says:

I have no memory of this guy at all

2.  stuh says:

When did this nut play for the Giants? i checked the 2004,5&6 rosters and he wash’t on them.

3.  CT GIANT says:

GIANTS JUST PUT DAVID WILSON ON IR, ENDING HIS YEAR, MAYBE MORE!

CT GIANT

4.  stuh says:

Sno realistically this dirt bag was never a Giant. This is what is wrong with the media. they say he was a former Giant and it makes the organization look bad. The same can be said for the Mara’s that where arrested. What do they have to do with the team itself.

5.  stuh says:

Bad news about Wilson. I’m not a doctor but what I know about spinal stenosis I don’t think that he will be back . They now have no running back who can scare anyone.
    Maybe they will get lucky with another U Mass guy. But we won’t know unless they play the kid.

I didn’t watch the video. Not fit for children or senior citizens!!

Too bad about Wilson. Tough break for him and the team. This one is NOT on Reese. It’s the luck of the draw.

As for grabbing one of the Miami players if they wind up off the team, I wouldn’t touch Incognito with a 10-foot pole, but I’d take Martin in a nanosecond and get him socialized in a far better locker room and with far better coaches. He could be at least a successful guard or depth guy, and perhaps even a right tackle, allowing Pugh to move to center as the anchor of the offensive line.

While I have no idea what happened, the fact that the entire O-line walked away from Martin certainly seems to indicate that one or more coaches had at the very least “encouraged” this stuff or happily looked the other way and thereby at least didn’t discourage it. My bet is the Dolphins will try to pay off Incognito while suspending him and hope he’ll take the fall for an environment that had a lot to do with what happened.

Something similar in the way of “toughening up” a player happened with Prince in the Giants’ locker room. As soon as it started to get out of hand Tom Coughlin and a few team leaders put an end to it in no uncertain terms. Boys will be boys, and football players should be prepared to defend themselves. But when you entire workaday environment turns on you even the strongest can feel vulnerable.

•  rlhjr says:

Andre Brown is not on Reese either. To his credit Brown keeps fighting back.

I just got back from the pain clinic getting the epidural for my neck (cervical spine).
      Mine never caused me to lose feeling in my lower extremities. But it when the tissue around it becomes inflamed, it causes pain and some numbness in my shoulder.
      The injection keeps me going for about six months.

I’ve no clue how bad Wilson is. But I do know that if they look and see a problem that would be exacerbated by playing football, they will ban him from playing. For his sake I hope his problem is manageable. There are plenty of advanced surgical options.
      My day is coming soon, but since I no longer play football, I can hold off on surgery and work with the shoot.

And I agree, the more we hear, the more Incognito is starting to look like the fall guy.
      And while the Giants locker room ended the toughening up of Prince……….it worked.

7.  stuh says:

ff55: If you see what all the other players who have commented on this. It looks like not many of them feel sorry for Martin and think he should never have acted as he did by leaving the team and going to the press. I think he would not be welcomed in locker rooms around the league. The GM’s and coaches may think that they can take any player and mold him into what they expect him to be. But the other players on their team have to go along with their plan. It looks like the Miami players are aligning with Incognito who has a reputation as being a dirty player and no popular with players on opposing teams.

Stu, I think whether Martin would be welcomed would have a lot to do with how the Head Coach, the position coach and the team leaders felt about it. I still don’t know what went on, but it’s possible that Martin saw no alternative to leaving because he had no support from anywhere within the organization. Perhaps he shouldn’t have talked to the press so quickly, but it’s also possible his agent or someone else told him that if he didn’t get ahead of the story his career was in jeopardy because he’d be viewed as a “quitter” or at least someone who could walk away at the slightest provocation.

We just don’t know what’s going on here. If the kid can play I’ll bet the Giants’ locker room would have no trouble integrating him into the team.

8.  LUZZ says:

I must say, I am enjoying watching this story blow up in the media’s face. They all opened their mouths before knowing what the heck any of the details were.

•  stuh says:

Luzz, That’s the problem with the media as soon as something happens they jump all over it even though they don’t have the facts. Particularly the sports media, you have all the talking heads on all the sports channels spouting out their opinions with no real knowledge of the situation.
      The interesting thing is that many of them are former players.

9.  LUZZ says:

It is appearing that Martin was/is extremely soft mentally. The comments from the teammates are all indicating that. This story was not covered accurately by our “rush to judgement” media. We are learning now that there is far more to this story than has been reported.

To bring it back to football, if I had to choose between which of these guys I wanted on our roster, I wouldn’t choose the gentle one. The thought of Beatty and Martin having a pillow fight during training camp turns my stomach. A good NFL Oline can’t have too many gentle guys on it. One is enough, and he is playing left tackle right now.

10.  skinnydoogan says: