The New York Giants have placed center David Baas on season-ending Injured Reserve (IR) as a result of an MCL injury suffered in a 23-7 victory over the Minnesota Vikings on Monday night.
“It’s very frustrating, to say the least,” Baas said, via Giants.com. “You work so hard. We said we can’t catch a break.”
Prior to Monday night, Baas had also missed the previous three games due to a neck injury, but always knew he was going to return to the field. Following the knee injury however, the veteran had a distinct feeling it was season-ending.
“You kind of know right away when you get that feeling. I was hoping it wasn’t anything worse, but it’s definitely bad enough to where it’s come to this," he said.
With Baas now out for the season, the Giants have a total of $19.9 million tied up in players on Injured Reserve (eight players; six who were starters week one). That's 16.1% of the adjusted cap number, which is an NFL-high.
Although the Giants did not immediately sign someone to their 53-man roster to replace Baas, they did re-sign linebacker Darin Drakeford to their Practice Squad. He replaces linebacker Emmanuel Acho, who was signed by the Philadelphia Eagles off of the Giants' practice squad last week.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
You're not an average fan, so why wear an average shirt to represent your team? LogoWear brings some originality to the game and will help you be the star of your team's following - not the third guy in off the bench. Your team isn't just another team. Don't be caught wearing just another shirt. Make a statement with LogoWear!
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!Darin Drakeford, David Baas, Emmanuel Acho, Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Philadelphia, Philadelphia Eagles
- David Baas, Damontre Moore Return to Practice for New York Giants
- New York Giants Waive Injured RB Da’Rel Scott; Could Head to Season-Ending Injured Reserve
- New York Giants Met with 19 Players on Tuesday; Sign OL Steven Baker to Practice Squad
- New York Giants Sign Veteran RB Peyton Hillis; Add RB Jeremy Wright to Practice Squad
- Giants Sign Emmanuel Acho, not Adewale Ojomo, to Practice Squad; Worked Out Aaron Maybin, Others
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/12w1