New York Giants center David Baas missed practice for the second consecutive day on Thursday, but as the team gathered to speak with the media, the veteran lineman wouldn't declare himself out against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday. However, Baas noted that he re-injured his neck badly in a 38-0 loss to the Carolina Panthers and needs to time to heal.
"This stuff takes a little time," Baas told reporters.
Although he wouldn't officially declare himself out, he and head coach Tom Coughlin both sounded pessimistic about his chances of playing this weekend. And, in all likelihood, he will be among the inactives with Kevin Boothe taking over at center.
The news was no better for guard, Chris Snee (hip), who also missed practice on Thursday. And, like Baas, Coughlin didn't sound like he expected Snee to suit up on Sunday.
In addition to Baas and Snee, cornerbacks Corey Webster (hip) and Terrell Thomas (knee), linebacker Jacquian Williams (knee), defensive end Justin Trattou (ankle), and tight end Adrien Robinson (foot) did not practice.
Trattou was the only addition to the injury report. He had practiced fully on Wednesday.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
It's not everyday you get to meet a super bowl champion, get an autograph and take a photo... unless you're Eli Manning. For everyone else here's your chance.
You're not an average fan, so why wear an average shirt to represent your team? LogoWear brings some originality to the game and will help you be the star of your team's following - not the third guy in off the bench. Your team isn't just another team. Don't be caught wearing just another shirt. Make a statement with LogoWear!
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!Adrien Robinson, Chris Snee, Cooper Taylor, Corey Webster, David Baas, David Diehl, Football, Jacquian Williams, Justin Trattou, Kevin Boothe, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Spencer Paysinger, Terrell Thomas
- David Diehl Practices on Wednesday; Could Play for New York Giants Vs. Kansas City Chiefs
- David Baas, Damontre Moore Return to Practice for New York Giants
- New York Giants’ David Baas Hoping, Preparing to Play Sunday Vs. Denver Broncos
- New York Giants’ David Baas Believes He’ll Be Ready for Week 1 Vs. Dallas Cowboys
- New York Giants’ David Baas, Chris Snee Have Injury Issues; Tom Coughlin to Speak to Hakeem Nicks
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/11ez