Just when you think things can't get worse for the New York Giants, they do.
The team has announced that fullback Henry Hynoski has suffered a fractured shoulder. The injury occurred early in the first quarter on a screen pass from quarterback Eli Manning where Hyno had his legs taken out from underneath him.
Hynoski originally went into the locker-room for X-rays and his return was listed as questionable, but was later downgraded to out without explanation. Now, clearly, we know why.
"Just another bump in the road and another setback for me to beat…i will be back stronger and so will our team…mindpower is everything!" Hynoski tweeted.
This is a bad break (no pun intended) for Hynoski, who spent the majority of the offseason battling back from a knee injury. Now he'll likely land on season-ending Injured Reserve (IR) with Bear Pascoe taking over at fullback for the time being.
With approximately $500,000 in cap room remaining, the Giants don't have many options for a free agent addition.
Update: Hynoski will have more tests tomorrow to determine full extent of injury.
Photo Credit: Mike Gannon
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
You're not an average fan, so why wear an average shirt to represent your team? LogoWear brings some originality to the game and will help you be the star of your team's following - not the third guy in off the bench. Your team isn't just another team. Don't be caught wearing just another shirt. Make a statement with LogoWear!
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!Eli Manning, Football, Henry Hynoski, New York, New York Giants, NFL
- New York Giants’ Andre Brown Suffers Fractured Leg
- New York Giants Preparing for Henry Hynoski to Potentially Return for Week One
- New York Giants’ Henry Hynoski not Expected to Play Against Dallas Cowboys: Report
- New York Giants Remain Hopeful Henry Hynoski Will Be Ready for Opener Against Dallas Cowboys
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/117y