On Tuesday, the Seattle Seahawks announced that they had waived defensive tackle Sealver Siliga from their practice squad and signed former New York Giants defensive end, Adewale Ojomo, to fill his spot.
Ojomo, who went undrafted out of Miami in the 2012 NFL Draft, was originally signed to the Giants' practice squad and made an immediate preseason impact. He led the team with four tackles over four games in 2012, earning him a 17-week stay on the aforementioned practice squad. He returned in 2013 and, once again, had a solid preseason, earning himself a second straight practice squad designation.
However, due to injuries and uncertainty surrounding Jason Pierre-Paul and Damontre Moore, Ojomo was signed to the 53-roster in week one of the regular season, but was listed as one of the seven inactives. He was later waived in preparation for the signing of a running back (Brandon Jacobs), but not re-signed to their practice squad. Instead, the team opted to sign linebacker Emmanuel Acho.
For Giants fan who have lived and breathed the legend of Adewale for nearly two years, they will not be thrilled with this news.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
You're not an average fan, so why wear an average shirt to represent your team? LogoWear brings some originality to the game and will help you be the star of your team's following - not the third guy in off the bench. Your team isn't just another team. Don't be caught wearing just another shirt. Make a statement with LogoWear!
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!Adewale Ojomo, Brandon Jacobs, Damontre Moore, Emmanuel Acho, Football, Jason Pierre-Paul, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Seattle, Seattle Seahawks
- Giants Sign Emmanuel Acho, not Adewale Ojomo, to Practice Squad; Worked Out Aaron Maybin, Others
- Giants Officially Place Andre Brown on Short-Term IR; Sign Adewale Ojomo from Practice Squad
- New York Giants Waive DE Adewale Ojomo; Clear Roster Spot for Potential Running Back Move
- Charles James, Matt Broha, Julian Talley & Others Signed to New York Giants’ Practice Squad
- New York Giants Met with 19 Players on Tuesday; Sign OL Steven Baker to Practice Squad
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/10xx