In addition to running backs Willis McGahee, George Winn and Brandon Jacobs, the New York Giants also worked out a number of linebackers on Tuesday, including former Buffalo Bills first-round pick, Aaron Maybin.
Along with Maybin was former Baltimore Ravens third-round pick Tavares Gooden and former Cleveland Browns sixth-round pick Emmanuel Acho — all linebackers. Former Hilton Head Prep quarterback, Mike Hermann, also worked out for the team.
As noted above, Acho was a 2012 third-round pick of the Cleveland Browns, but spent the duration of his rookie season on Injured Reserve (IR) with a leg injury. Earlier this offseason he was traded to the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for running back Dion Lewis, but was released on September 2nd.
Acho will take the place of wide receiver Marcus Harris on the practice squad, who was released on Tuesday.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
You're not an average fan, so why wear an average shirt to represent your team? LogoWear brings some originality to the game and will help you be the star of your team's following - not the third guy in off the bench. Your team isn't just another team. Don't be caught wearing just another shirt. Make a statement with LogoWear!
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!Adewale Ojomo, Brandon Jacobs, Emmanuel Acho, Football, Marcus Harris, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Willis McGahee
- Giants Officially Place Andre Brown on Short-Term IR; Sign Adewale Ojomo from Practice Squad
- New York Giants Waive DE Adewale Ojomo; Clear Roster Spot for Potential Running Back Move
- New York Giants Met with 19 Players on Tuesday; Sign OL Steven Baker to Practice Squad
- New York Giants Sign DB Jawanza Starling as Final Member of Practice Squad
- Charles James, Matt Broha, Julian Talley & Others Signed to New York Giants’ Practice Squad
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/10kf