September 10th, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Shortly after a 36-31 win on Sunday night, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones began hurling accusations towards the New York Giants, suggesting they had faked injuries in an effort to break up Dallas' offensive rhythm. Later, quarterback Tony Romo piled onto the assertions by making jokes about it. That, of course, did not sit well with the Giants and head coach Tom Coughlin.

'Tom Coughlin Watches Giants' photo (c) 2011, Rajiv Patel (Rajiv's View) - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/

“It’s absolutely not true. Both of those players were injured,” Coughlin said on Monday, referring to Dan Connor and Cullen Jenkins. “Connor never returned to the game. And Cullen was in a position where he needed to regroup. So that wasn’t orchestrated at all.”

Connor and Jenkins were injured on back-to-back plays and, as Coughlin alluded to, Connor (burner) never returned to the game. And while the allegation was made with the suggestion that Big Blue was trying to throw the Dallas offensive out of whack, the Cowboys ended up scoring a touchdown on a 15-yard pass to tight end Jason Witten anyway.

In addition to Coughlin, veteran safety Antrel Rolle took exception to Jones' accusations, saying he should just be happy with the win because a game like that will "never happen again."

“Personally speaking, if anyone took note of the game, we had two guys who went down,” Rolle said. “Cullen Jenkins went down, I’m not sure what his injury was, and Dan Connor went down and he never returned to the game. I don’t know what kind of faking [Jones] saw, but if guys go down and they never return to the game, obviously he’s not faking.”

After review, the NFL found "no basis" for punishment against the Giants over faking injuries. In other words, even they don't buy Jones' accusations.

The Giants and Cowboys will meet again on November 24th at MetLife Stadium.

Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!

Tags: Antrel Rolle, Cullen Jenkins, Dallas, Dallas Cowboys, Dan Connor, Football, Jason Witten, Jerry Jones, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Tom Coughlin, Tony Romo

21 Responses to “New York Giants Unhappy with Dallas Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Over “Faking Injury” Accusations”

The owners are like their own little fraternity … of multi-millionaires. And they have an unspoken code of behavior. Jerrah went outside that when he publicly accused another team of cheating. By doing so he called the integrity of the league into question. And that’s simply not done. He should have complained in private, and not openly gone against the family. I suggest that someone named Michael take him fishing.

Giants 101 @Giants_101
    RT @art_stapleton I’m told expectation is #NYG CB Prince Amukamara (concussion) will be cleared 2 play vs. Broncos.

•  Nosh.0 says:

That was such a nasty hit he took. You would never say a player is lucky to get off with a concussion, but every video I’ve seen of a football player getting a spinal injury, most looked a lot like that collision between Mundy and Prince. Thankfully it wasn’t worse.

This is huge. Prince on Thomas and Webster on Decker is how it would play it. Thomas played well but he doesn’t seem like the best match for Welker. I would rather see Hosley play Welker.

I also hope we just play Rivers and Paysinger or Williams. No need for Conner or Herzlich to see the field with Denver starting in a 3 WR set.

Moore can have an impact with his pass rushing skills and Denver’s lack of running game. We are going to need all 4 DEs with their pace to play well. Trattou might see some time as well. This isn’t a game that Rodgers will likely play a lot.

3.  Nosh.0 says:

Yeah this seems like one of those unwritten rules. I imagine all teams do it on occasion. I totally understand why Witten was pissed about it during the game but Jerry should just keep his mouth shut. I mean he won the game, what’s he so upset about.

And I imagine if teams don’t abuse the faking of injuries ie do it more than 1-2 times a game, then it’s not really a problem.

We just need to be a little more subtle when faking it. I still remember that Deon Grant flop with another player a few years ago.

4. Anthony Raiaaxr29 says:

It’s like stealing signs in baseball. You shouldn’t do it, but you can’t really get punished for doing it.

5.  Aziz Mohamed says:

Sucks that we lost Stevie, the 3 safety set would do us wonders this week.

6. Anthony Raiaaxr29 says:

As good as Stevie Brown was for us at getting turnovers, that Mundy pick was a patented Stevie Brown “right place at the right time” turnover.

7.  Nosh.0 says:

The nice thing about this game on Sunday is that I’m totally resigned to us losing. Which is something I never do in regards to the Giants, I save those negative emotions for the Mets.

Anyway point is, unless we suffer some catastrophic injury, this sunday is a no lose situation as a fan. If we win I’ll be ecstatic, and if we lose, well I’m already expecting it.

Not that I think the Broncos are some all time great team, just think they are a really bad matchup for us right now.

8.  TroyThorne says:

I’m glad to hear Prince is looking to be ok but man that was a nasty shot he took. Seeing guys go into that numbness-in-the-extremities look where their hands appear to be attached to bricks as they struggle to find the ground to support themselves with is a scary site.

9.  Sintexo says:

So on a FF note, apparently I went from waiver position 1 to waiver position 14 without ever claiming a player?

10.  Nosh.0 says:

So here’s my thoughts on what to do with David Wilson.

He’s a first round pick with loads of talent, so he needs to play. I think his skill set is every bit as good as Spiller, and Chris Johnson when Chris Johnson was good. First problem are the fumbles which simply need to stop, and I trust they will. That’s something that shouldn’t and can’t take long to fix. They either stop now or he doesn’t play. Theres really no leeway to give when it comes to ball security.

More concerning, and what I think could take longer to learn, is the pass blocking. So my solution would be this. Put him back as a Kick returner. For one, he’s great at it, and secondly, it’s not like with the new kickoff rule he’d be returning a lot anyway. So he shouldn’t take that much more of a pounding from it. And thirdly he seems to like doing it. Which should help him build his confidence back up.

And then I’d bring him along slowly on offense in hopes of him taking most of the snaps by November or December. Meaning he gets maybe 30% of the snaps this week. Then 35% the following week, 40% the next and so on. Until he’s up to the number you’d like him at.

Just a thought. But I have no idea how prepared he is to pass block or not. Only the coaches do.

Why? If a QB has a bad game is he removed as the starter? He’s only going to get better by playing. He needs reps to improve his blocking. He might never be more than average but he can be average.

After watching last night I think his fumbles like many of the other RBs that fumbled this first week are due to lack of contact. In preseason defensive players weren’t going after the ball with the same abandon. I don’t think it’s coincidence that he fumble game 1 his first 2 years.

Depends upon whom they bring in. And how ready HE is to play in the offense. If they’re going to use your strategy that might give Big Brandon a huge edge in regard to getting signed.

I just know they have to keep using Wilson. He takes the offense from one of the top ones in the NFL to almost unstoppable. But yeah, he has to learn to hold onto the ball and block.