Dallas Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Accuses New York Giants of Faking Injuries

September 9th, 2013 at 12:00 PM

The New York Giants suffered multiple injuries on Sunday night, including a concussion to cornerback Prince Amukamara and a burner to linebacker Dan Connor. Neither player would return to the game, but that didn't stop Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones from accusing Big Blue of faking injuries.

'ESPN STAGE - Jerry and Mayor Moncrief' photo (c) 2011, Algorhythm Labs - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/

"I thought us experts on football were the only ones who could see that," Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said, laughing and winking. "No, it was so obvious it was funny. It wasn't humorous because we really wanted the advantage, and knew we could get it if we could get the ball snapped."

Jones' comments were likely directed at the back-to-back injuries to Connor and defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins (shoulder). And while Connor didn't return, Jenkins was back in the game after only a few plays. The belief is that the injuries were staged in an effort to slow down the Cowboys' no-huddle offense.

At the time of Jenkins' injury, Dallas tight end Jason Witten could be seen yelling at an official: "They're faking! They're faking!" Ultimately, no penalties were called and the Cowboys ended up scoring on a 15-yard pass to Witten anyway.

"I thought we got them moving a lot and got them pretty tired during that stretch," Romo said. "They obviously had a bunch of injuries in that stretch. Tough break, I know. Seemed to come back pretty good after that, though."

This isn't the first time the Giants have been accused of faking injuries. Back in September of 2011, Atlanta Falcons tight end Tony Gonzalez accused safety Deon Grant of faking injuries to slow down their offense — something Grant vehemently denied. But shortly after that, former Giants linebacker Bryan Kehl admitted that Perry Fewell taught his players to fake injuries.

Given that Connor would not return to the game, it's obvious he wasn't faking anything. As far as Jenkins? Well, he's the only one that truly knows.

Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!

Tags: Cullen Jenkins, Dallas, Dallas Cowboys, Dan Connor, Football, Jason Witten, Jerry Jones, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Prince Amukamara

24 Responses to “Dallas Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Accuses New York Giants of Faking Injuries”

1.  demo3356 says:

Yeah faked it so well, we kept Prince and Conner out of the game just o sell it.. Go have another face lift you botax phuck face!

Well, I’d like to accuse Jurruh Jones of faking football intelligence.

He still doesn’t have a very good team. And the last time I looked he was still the GM.

3. Anthony Raiaaxr29 says:

And I accuse Jerry Jones of faking being a good owner.

4.  BigBlueGiant says:

fanfor55years says:
    September 9, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Frankly, I think the board IS pretty calm. I’ve been surprised at the lack of panic this morning.

You don’t win football games in which you turn the ball over five times, but had it not been for the sixth one I think we would have won that one. I suspect most agree.

—-

Despite the loss, i was actually surprised on how well we played. I think there might be some promise to this year. We’ll see though. The LB’s still concern me and it’s a week to week league.

5.  giantsfan says:

I actually don’t think Eli is a turn over machine. But he does have one bone-headed play every few games. The first TO is on him. Like FF said, his problem is that he does not see the garbage between him and the RB. But regardless, Eli can come back from his mistakes.

The second turnover: I’m not sure who’s that on. It looks like it could had been an overthrow by Eli if it was intended for Jernigan. But if it was intended for Randle, then, Randle didn’t turn his head around fast enough.

And the last TO was clearly Scott’s. Eli led him away from tacklers, but he didn’t turn around fast enough. As a QB, he needs to anticipate the throw before the receiver gets there. Not on Eli at all.

•  BigBlueGiant says:

Eh, the 1st and last turnover were both Eli’s and RB’s/ Beatty’s fault.

Eli’s gotta realize he can’t throw those passes.

the 2nd INT was on Randle. Guy ran the wrong route.

•  giantsfan says:

Why can’t he throw that pass to Scott? Rookies wait until their WRs are open before throwing them the ball. Veterans throw their WRs open. Myers TD pass was there RIGHT when he turned around. Scott should had caught that ball.

6.  Jackhajb says:

I think the biggest problem that we can all agree on, is WTF changes for the giants in the 4th quarter that wasn’t there in quarters 1 -3.

This team needs to click straight out the gate, there’s no 3 quarter warm up period, it all counts.

7.  giantsfan says:

Wow, just when I started gaining some respect for Romo, he goes ahead and pull that crap. dbag…

8.  KingAndrewXXIII says:

Amazing that even after all the BS last night we still had a remote shot at winning. Frankly, there is absolutely ZERO chance we beat Denver. I don’t think Peyton will hang 7 TD’s on the Giants because he tends to play a little more conservative against Eli…but it will be a beating nonetheless.

Anyways, I will say that the defense as a unit performed really well with the hands they were dealt. Aaron Ross, T2 and CWeb ALL looked great out there, in my opinion. T2 actually really laid some nice hits on people and seemed to be moving around just fine. Rolle had a nice game too. My major beef was the amount of missed tackles, specifically by our “linebaggers.” The group as a whole is just trash; there is no way to sugar coat it. And Dan Connor, despite being a “run stopping thumper” or whatever you wanna call him…is soft as cotton. I’ve never heard of a guy get more “stingers” without it being labeled a specific injury in my life! This is FOOTBALL…you are being paid tons of money to take bumps and bruises…and if you can’t handle that, then get out of the league. Another major issue that I had was the complete lack of pass rush I saw out there. JPP got manhandled by Tyron Smith; the only people I saw getting after it were (to my surprise) Justin Tuck, Joseph, Trattou and Shaun Rodgers. We REALLY need Moore to get back out there – the kid REALLY flashed in the preseason and could really help this team.

On offense, outside of Beatty and Pugh (who both had a couple issues, but overall played very well) our interior line was GARBAGE. Snee got beat just as many times as Brewer did…giving up tons of pressure on Eli and not allowing anything out of our running game, which for whatever reason Gilbride refused to still go with.

Of the RB’s coming in, the one that most intrigues me is McGahee. Jacobs is done. Loved him when he was a Giants, but even in his last season he was ineffective and did not play to his strengths, but rather would shuffle around and pretend he was Adrien Peterson looking for a hole to hit. McGahee was replaced by younger cheaper options…and if healthy, could be a real playmaker in this offense.

9.  Starks in Tampa says:

Ff55 i agree it isnt so bad today with the panicking. As far as eli not being a turnover machine think of it this way. The first INT last night was on Beatty sure. But it all comes back to Eli being the qb. He should be able to communicate to Beatty in the huddle. Dont release sooooooooo freaking soon. Besides the point that the giants are the worst and i do mean worst screen team i have ev seen. With eli in his 10th year this is i excusable. Same thing with the last INT. reiterate to scott, timing is everything and especially in this offense. Turn around!!! Now the Ints that are dropped by our wr corp and get tipped by their fingers into the dbs hands which we see often, those ints i can deal with but when stuff like that happens with beatty and scott on screens. The qb should shoulder the blame as well, rightfully so in my opinion.

The second INT again, timing, all on Eli. We have seen it through out his career. Eli is who Eli is and he is in his 10th freaking season. He is a very good qb, very streaky qb, capable of just awful miscues as last night, but also capable of playing great and winning against anyone. To me over the years he is the main reason we are inconsistent because of his inconsistent play. Lets hope for our team’s sake he doesn’t have more the 15 ints this year. If we just take care of the ball we can be serious players come january and february. I think the whole organization knows this that is why TC is so frustrated and rightfully so. I thought the game-plan on offense and defense last night was very good!

•  Krow says:

A lot went wrong on the first INT, but you still don’t throw it to the guy with the other uniform on.

•  giantsfan says:

That 1st INT is a bone-headed play. No way around it. National tv, first pass of the 2013 season lol. Eli’s used to that. Don’t worry. Like Jim said, Eli also got that lousy left-handed pass out of the way.

10. Anthony Raiaaxr29 says:

McGahee has to bet the guy they bring in, most left out of the bunch