The speculation on some of the injuries on certain players of the New York Giants have been rampant, and up until kick-off, will continue to be so.
Jason Pierre-Paul's status for Sunday night's Week 1 game against the Dallas Cowboys has been the one most people bring up and talk about, as he is listed as questionable for the game against Dallas. JPP did however, make the trip down to Arlington, where he is expected to be a game-time decision on whether or not he plays against the Cowboys. JPP has been recovering from surgery to repair a herniated disc in his lower back and has missed most of the summer recovering.
Most signs are pointing to him playing in the game, but in the end, it will be up to JPP himself if he feels like he can go for the Giants. Starting fullback Henry Hynoski is also listed as questionable for the Giants and he also made the trip to Dallas, however, there's a really good chance that he might not play against Dallas, as he is recovering from the knee surgery performed on his MCL back in May. Hynoski had been preparing all summer to get back for Week 1 and had come off the PUP List earlier in the summer, but the Giants haven't rushed his injury.
Victor Cruz is listed as probable for the game, as he hasn't taken the field since the Giants second-week game in the preseason against the Indianapolis Colts last month; a game where he suffered a heel injury. Although it wasn't serious, the Giants kept him out for the remainder of the preseason as a precautionary.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
You're not an average fan, so why wear an average shirt to represent your team? LogoWear brings some originality to the game and will help you be the star of your team's following - not the third guy in off the bench. Your team isn't just another team. Don't be caught wearing just another shirt. Make a statement with LogoWear!
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!Adrien Robinson, David Baas, David Diehl, Football, Henry Hynoski, Jason Pierre-Paul, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Victor Cruz
- New York Giants’ David Diehl Out, Jason Pierre-Paul Questionable Vs. Dallas Cowboys
- New York Giants Update the Status of Henry Hynoski, Jason Pierre-Paul and Other Injured Players
- New York Giants Place Chris Snee, Henry Hynoski, Jason Pierre-Paul & Two Others on PUP List
- New York Giants’ Jason Pierre-Paul Will Decide on Friday If He Plays Against Dallas Cowboys
- New York Giants’ Henry Hynoski not Expected to Play Against Dallas Cowboys: Report
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/10dv