Late last week, head coach Tom Coughlin said the remaining players on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list were "getting close" to being activated. He wasn't wrong. The New York Giants on Monday announced that they have activated defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul from the PUP list.
Although neither JPP or the team would commit to him playing week one against the Dallas Cowboys, he will take part in individual drills beginning today with the hope being that he returns to full practice sometime next week. However, regardless of how far he comes in that time, he will not play in the final preseason game against the New England Patriots on Thursday night.
JPP also noted that it was his decision to come off of the PUP list, and while he acknowledges continued soreness, he says the pain in his back has completely subsided.
"I don't have pain … That pain is gone," JPP said. "You will see me out there with the team [today]."
Pierre-Paul originally underwent a microdiscetomy to pepair herniated disc in his back in early June after it was determined that rest and rehab would not alleviate the issue.
Meanwhile, defensive tackle Markus Kuhn (knee) remains the sole player on PUP.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
You're not an average fan, so why wear an average shirt to represent your team? LogoWear brings some originality to the game and will help you be the star of your team's following - not the third guy in off the bench. Your team isn't just another team. Don't be caught wearing just another shirt. Make a statement with LogoWear!
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrityoffers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!Football, Jason Pierre-Paul, Markus Kuhn, New York, New York Giants, NFL
- NFL Makes Minor Change to Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) List Rules
- New York Giants’ Tom Coughlin: Jason Pierre-Paul, Markus Kuhn “Close” to Coming Off PUP List
- New York Giants Place Chris Snee, Henry Hynoski, Jason Pierre-Paul & Two Others on PUP List
- New York Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul Should not Be Criticized for Waiting on Back Surgery
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/zoo