In case you haven't had your fill of injury news here on this Monday morning, we have more for you. In addition to Victor Cruz (bruised heel) and David Baas (sprained MCL), New York Giants defensive end Justin Tuck also suffered an injury during Sunday nights 20-12 loss to the Indianapolis Colts — his was of the hamstring variety.
"There’s another one," head coach Tom Coughlin said after the game. " I mean, I guess he’s had all the tests, all I’ve heard is a slight hamstring strain, but I’m sure we’ll know more either later tonight or tomorrow morning."
It's unclear exactly when Tuck hurt his hamstring, but it's safe to assume he'll be riding the stationary bike when practice resume on Tuesday. And like Cruz and Baas, you can expect he'll be en route to the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York on Monday for a battery of additional tests.
Prior to the injury, Tuck was having quite a solid game. He had a few pressures/hits on the quarterback, and appeared to be adjusting well to his multiple roles — including a stand-up role early in the first quarter.
Tuck has struggled mightily in recent years, largely due to lingering injuries, and he had vowed to return to Pro Bowl form here in 2013. He went as far as to seek out Tony Robbins for guidance this offseason and was determined to lead a feared Giants D. Hopefully this is only a minor setback for him.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
You can meet Doc Gooden! Sports Fan Promotions is providing fans with an opportunity to meet legendary New York Yankees and New York Mets pitcher Doc Gooden on Thursday, August 22 from 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. The event is being held at Locker Room Sports, 76 Main St. in Woodbridge, NJ 07095. Autographs are just $25 for any item, with inscriptions for $10!
Gearing up for the fantasy season? Try weekly fantasy football games this year at DraftDay.com. DraftDay has awarded over $15 million to fantasy fans like you, so don't miss out on the newest way to play fantasy football! Create your free account and use promo code GIFT for an instant cash bonus.David Baas, Football, Indianapolis, Indianapolis Colts, Justin Tuck, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Tom Coughlin, Victor Cruz
- New York Giants DE Justin Tuck Plans to Play on Sunday Vs. Indianapolis Colts
- New York Giants DE Justin Tuck Held Out of Wednesday’s Practice with Tight Back
- New York Giants’ Justin Tuck on Victor Cruz: “He Did the Smart Thing Signing the Tender”
- New York Giants’ Justin Tuck Says Jason Pierre-Paul is Doing “Very Well” After Back Surgery
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/zar