Donnell caught a pass during Friday's practice, fell to the ground hard after making the catch and was holding his knee and grimacing in pain. The trainers immediately had to rush out and had to cart Donnell off the field and is being evaluated in the team's facility right now.
Reporters on hand at the Quest Diagnostics Training Center think that the knee is in the ACL territory and Donnell might have torn it, which would require surgery and land him on Injured reserve for the entire 2013 season.
Donnell missed most of the spring due to suffering a broken foot, but due to Henry Hynoski's knee injury suffered on the first day of OTA's, the team was trying him out at fullback as well as tight end and was having a great camp for the Giants before the injury.
Stay tuned to Giants 101 for the latest update and status' on Donnell's knee injury.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
You can meet Doc Gooden! Sports Fan Promotions is providing fans with an opportunity to meet legendary New York Yankees and New York Mets pitcher Doc Gooden on Thursday, August 22 from 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. The event is being held at Locker Room Sports, 76 Main St. in Woodbridge, NJ 07095. Autographs are just $25 for any item, with inscriptions for $10!
Gearing up for the fantasy season? Try weekly fantasy football games this year at DraftDay.com. DraftDay has awarded over $15 million to fantasy fans like you, so don't miss out on the newest way to play fantasy football! Create your free account and use promo code GIFT for an instant cash bonus.Football, Larry Donnell, New York, New York Giants, NFL
- New York Giants Safety Antrel Rolle Carted Off Field After Suffering Ankle Injury
- New York Giants’ Mike Pope: Larry Donnell, Adrien Robinson Will “Absolutely” See Field This Year
- New York Giants WR Kris Adams Carted Off After Suffering Fractured Left Leg
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/z5w