This week, the New York Giants and MetLife Stadium have announced that going forward, there is a new NFL bag policy for fans entering the stadium; which is being done "to provide a safer environment for the fans" attending Giants home games.
The Giants have advised that fans don't bring in any bags of any kind into MetLife Stadium, but have given them guidelines as to what they can bring in starting in the 2013 season.
Fans who attend games at MetLife Stadium can bring in the following items:
- One bag that is clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and does not exceed 12” x 6” x 12"
- A one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- In addition to one of the clear bags noted above, fans may also carry in a small clutch bag, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap.
According to Giants.com, everything brought into the stadium will be subject to be searched at the gates before entering. Fans who will be attending are not permitted to bring in: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, seat cushions, computer bags, camera bags, binocular cases or any bag larger than the permissible size.
Season ticket holders for the Giants should have received team logo bags (12' x 6" x 12") when they received their tickets; one bag for every ticket on the account.
This kind of safety measure has been used at other sports arenas all over the country. The University of Michigan's Michigan Stadium, Penn State University's Beaver Stadium and Michigan State University's Spartan Stadium do not permit any bags, while the Boston Celtics and Boston Bruins' stadium; TD Garden only permits clutch bags.
For those who request any additional information on the new policy, go to the "carry in policy" section of the Giants' official website.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
You can meet Doc Gooden! Sports Fan Promotions is providing fans with an opportunity to meet legendary New York Yankees and New York Mets pitcher Doc Gooden on Thursday, August 22 from 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. The event is being held at Locker Room Sports, 76 Main St. in Woodbridge, NJ 07095. Autographs are just $25 for any item, with inscriptions for $10!
Gearing up for the fantasy season? Try weekly fantasy football games this year at DraftDay.com. DraftDay has awarded over $15 million to fantasy fans like you, so don't miss out on the newest way to play fantasy football! Create your free account and use promo code GIFT for an instant cash bonus.Football, MetLife Stadium, New York, New York Giants, NFL
- New Turf Installed at MetLife Stadium with Super Bowl XLVIII in Mind
- New York Giants Safety Will Hill Suspended Four Games for Violating NFL’s Substance Abuse Policy
- New York Giants WR Brandon Collins Suspended 4 Games for Violating NFL Policy on Substance Abuse
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/z5r