With hopes that the Miami Dolphins would sign Vonta Leach prior training camp all but gone, the fullback's agent has now re-opened talks with both the New York Giants and Houston Texas, reports Chris Mortensen of ESPN.
So as Leach gauges Texans & Giants after Dolphins stalled (per @ArmandoSalguero), Ravens had told him their last offer would stand— Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) July 19, 2013
At any given point since his release from the Baltimore Ravens, the Dolphins, Giants and Texans have all been considered a "likely destination." However, with the Dolphins now seemingly out of the picture and the Giants with limited cap space (and two rookies still to sign), a return to either the Texans or Ravens appears most likely.
"Of course, Vonta likes the Ravens," his agent, Ralph Vitolo, told The Baltimore Sun on Thursday. "Why wouldn't he? Maybe he ends up back there. Who knows? Until it happens, there's no sense in pure speculation."
Meanwhile, here in New York, the Giants appear hopeful that Henry Hynoski will be able to return by week one of the regular season.
- Be sure to like Giants 101 on Facebook, follow Giants 101 on Twitter & +1Giants 101 on Google+
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Subscribe to Sports Media 101 using Google Currents
- New York Giants Out of Vonta Leach Sweepstakes; Miami Dolphins in Lead to Land Fullback
- Vonta Leach May Visit New York Giants; Miami Dolphins Remain Front Runners
- Agent for Free Agent FB Vonta Leach: New York Giants Will Need to Be Creative
- Agent: New York Giants “In Top Three” for Free Agent FB Vonta Leach
- New York Giants a Long Shot to Land Fullback Vonta Leach
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/xl8