February 18th, 2013 at 2:15 PM

After 20 years and nearly 520 major events, notorious international streaker Mark Roberts has announced his "retirement" from the world of entertainment. And while most people usually find themselves "hanging it up" after retirement, Roberts will be "putting it on" – his pants, anyway.

"There’s no major venue or event I haven’t done," Roberts said. "But I’m nearly 49 now and my children have begged me to stop. It’s time. I’m not ready for my slippers just yet, but gravity’s against me."

New York Giants fans may remember Roberts from the 2007 London game between Big Blue and the Miami Dolphins, when the British-born man ran onto the field wearing little more than a mock referees hat and a small football-like pouch over his midsection. However, his appearance was short-lived on American television, as FOX immediately turned to a shot of Tony Siragusa, but the crowd in attendance serenaded him with the loudest cheers of the game.

While on the field, Roberts stripped down to nothing in front of linebacker Gerris Wilkinson and running back Ahmad Bradshaw, and began doing push-ups before he was tackled, removed from the field and arrested.

In total, Roberts spent time in over 30 different holding cells since 1993, and has paid more than $6,000 in fines.

His retirement comes as a result of his pleading children, who could no longer handle the torment from their classmates over their Father's bizarre actions.

Tags: Ahmad Bradshaw, Football, Gerris Wilkinson, Mark Roberts, Miami, Miami Dolphins, New York, New York Giants, NFL

12 Responses to “Notorious Streaker, Mark Roberts, Who Disrupted Giants-Dolphins London Game in 2007, “Retiring””

1.  BigBlueGiant says:

Just out of curiosity… What do you guys see in Adrian Tracy that gives you the impression that he will “break out”.

i’ve heard this the past two years with this kid, and he’s done next to nothing.

Breaking out requires a chance when Tracy gets on the field I have seen him flash, I just think he needs more snaps. He’s had trusted vets in front of him which limited the time he could have an impact. Of course we could be wrong but what we have seen so far doesn’t say he can’t.

Look I’m not as high on Ojomo as some but to say he can’t play because of what he did in college or his position on the depth chart is silly. Some players develop later. I don’t know if Ojomo can really play but you don’t know until players get into a game versus starting level NFL players.

I think Dan alluded to a point about Tracy that has been on my mind, he could be in the mix at SLB. I saw someone compare him to Sintim but Tracy hasn’t been injured to past 2 years seriously. Sintim also didn’t move in space as well as Tracy appears to move. Tracy looks like he should be better in coverage than Kiwi.

I also think a forgotten player that can help in the interior OL is Mosley. He looked upon as a Diehl type prospect when we drafted him so at least he could factor in as quality depth.

Forgotten by whom? I’ve mentioned Mosley plenty of times, but you have to remember that he lost his rookie season to injury and cannot be expected to be ready to play much in 2013.

I am very high on Ojomo, and it’s based on what he did against STARTING offensive linemen for the New England Patriots when Belichick played many of his starters for more than half of a preseason game because he was unhappy with their play in their previous tune-up game. It’s a myth that he has only done well against backups. I know. I was there. So, I assume, were others from among you. The myth doesn’t become true just because it gets repeated frequently.

And the fact that he didn’t get on the field despite the lack of production from the starting defensive ends is hardly a basis for judging his worth. Sure, Coughlin is going to bench JPP, Tuck or Osi so a rookie can play. Right. No sweat. Take one of the most successful DEs in the NFL and figure that because he hasn’t produced over the last 2-3 games that there’s no way he’ll produce this Sunday. That’s the way all NFL Head Coaches think, right? To say nothing of the fact that the most important reason they weren’t producing was the absolutely putrid play of the defensive tackles.

I’m not willing to bet on Tracy, although as I recall a number of the defensive players said HE reminded them of Osi (Dan, I think you confused Tracy and Ojomo there…..Ojomo looks less like Osi than he does like Kearse). But I don’t think Ojomo is going to miss. I think he and JPP are going to be a scary pair by 2014, and he’ll get some chances this season and may even do something with them even then.

I took abuse for a number of years around here for insisting that Tollefson was really ordinary and shouldn’t have been kept as a #4 DE. I think he proved that when he went elsewhere and got his shot. I know this. Tollefson never even dreamed of being as good as Ojomo already is right now. I think Ojomo can put a few pounds on his frame and become a major presence at the edge. And his wingspan and closing speed when he smells the QB are extraordinary. In that respect, at least, he reminds me of JPP, and Kearse. The kid is going to be very good.

Folks are high on many of these players because the Giants have a system … a methodology … where they work hard to ‘coach up’ draft picks and UDFAs. They put in the hard work to make raw talent into NFL caliber players.

However as successful as that strategy has been it may not have a future.

Let’s look at Will Beatty. Drafted in round 2 as a ‘project’. After 4 patient years he’s poised to be one of the better LOTs in the NFL. For the first 3 of those years we got zero return on our investment. Last year he takes over the position … plays well .. and guess what, now he’s a free agent.

If we don’t sign him then we spent a 2nd round pick and 3 years of development for one lousy season. We basically trained the guy for someone else. Like chumps we did the dirty work … and may very well get nothing for it. Next up … James Brewer. Same scenario.

On the other hand some teams don’t do a lot of development … they throw the rooks in there. Like Seattle … Washington … traditional bottom feeders. But I’m worried that like any dog their day has come. What used to be short-term thinking and incompetence may very well have accidentally become the wave of the future. Because in this salary cap age that rookie contract is the main leverage instrument … instead of solid coaching and player development.

You’re overstating it. But there’s truth to what you’re saying. Don’t forget, though, they only play SOME of their rookies, and they have been picking earlier than us and are thus able to get players who are more ready for the NFL than others. They also had more “holes” that needed filling and happened to get lucky that a lot of youngsters played well given the chance. They may get the opposite results this season from their draftees, especially if they’re at positions that always take some adjustment period.

•  Krow says:

I do tend to generalize, but I know if I write a tome no one will read it. And I assume everyone sort of knows all the disclaimers by now. But yes, your observation is accurate.

4.  rlhjr says:

Now this is Giants 101 …..:)

REPOST:
    Reggie White was stronger than any three men had the right to be.
    And I have no clue who compared JPP to Reggie White? Not even in the same zip code. JPP’s game is speed agility and technique. Reggie was simply unblockable in other words, he didn’t need technique he just threw people out of his freaking way.

JPP will find it hard to show with Tuck, Osi and the collective DT position requiring only a single blocker, or none at all. This kid had three lineman and a back chipping him most passing downs. Name any pass rusher not named Taylor and I’ll show you some one who has players working a scheme to insure that player can not be isolated by the offense.

You tell me why the Giants don’t play rookies. I suspect it’s because they don’t want to ruin them. And in the case of offensive linemen and backs, because they don’t want their franchise QB seriously hurt. I really wonder if Ndamukong Suh would have played here year one.

Finally in Tracy’s very first pro (pre-season) game, he had 10 solo tackles playing SAM. Scrubs don’t even approach that figure in organized football. Pretty sure that’s one of many reasons he’s still on the roster.

The kid is 6? 4? and 247 lbs. Plenty big enough for both DE or LB.
    They decided to make him a DE. He got playing time last year.
    And no Tracy is not Tuck’s equal. But Tuck is no longer his own equal.
    Make no mistake, Tracy holds his own.

Boy, if this guy could play strong-side linebacker he’d be just about the perfect size. But I don’t have the impression he can cover.

In an ideal world we start the season with Tracy at SAM (having proved he can handle it), with Muasau at MIKE (having proved he’s a Samoan mauler who takes no prisoners, and Williams or Paysinger at WILL (let the better man prevail).

Kiwi plays DE as part of a rotation with JPP, Tuck and Ojomo.

Prince is the #1 corner and Webster comes back strong to hold off Thomas for the other corner spot (TT having proved he’s almost fully recovered). Hosley plays slot corner like a budding star. Rolle, Hill and Brown create a great safety tandem.

Joseph shrugs off last season and plays to the level expected of him. And someone, anyone, proves capable of filling the other three spots in the DT rotation.

I remain more worried about the last than any other part of this team. They have to draft someone who can take on a big role in 2014 and contribute in 2013, but I think they need to sign a free agent too, and hope that Rogers can hold up well until Kuhn is really ready so he can take a lot of the burden off Rogers’ shoulders. The defensive tackles killed us last season. cannot have that again.

JPP should become great. But he isn’t Michael Strahan yet, much less Reggie White.

6.  GmenMania says:

Whoever said that Ojomo and Tracy were comparable to Tuck and Osi is flat-out crazy. To insinuate that Ojomo, a guy who has played ZERO regular-season snaps could be as good as Osi, a 2-time, first-team All-Pro, is out of their mind.

And Tracy is not even close to the same build as Tuck, nonetheless the talent he is (mostly was). Tracy is 6′ 2”, 245 pounds. Tuck? He’s 6′ 5″, 268. Tracy has nowhere near the ability that Tuck did or still has.

The over-hype that goes on on this site is just crazy sometimes. Tracy will most likely have a Tollefson like impact (3-4 sacks a year), if that. Ojomo, who I actually like, I see as getting somewhere near Kiwi if he achieves most of his potential. But neither of them will come close to Tuck or Osi in their primes.

7.  GmenMania says: