Super Bowl XLVII Gameday: Baltimore Ravens Vs. San Francisco 49ers

February 3rd, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Super Bowl XLVII
Feb. 3rd, 2013
Baltimore RavensSan Francisco 49ers
Game Details
Time: 6:30 PM EDT
Stadium: Mercedes-Benz Superdome (New Orleans, LA)
Broadcast: CBS
P – Patrick Willis
P – Dashon Goldson
P – Aldon Smith
P – Justin Smith

Player/Coach Quotes:

Ray Lewis:

“You could draw up a lot of storybook endings, but how else would I rather go out than to be on the biggest stage ever, giving everything I’ve got for my teammates, touch that Lombardi trophy,” said Lewis. “It’s the ultimate.”

Ray Rice:

"You lose the Super Bowl, and you're in second place. You're a loser," Rice said. "You get roped off, and the other team is out there celebrating. You get totally forgotten about."

Colin Kaepernick:

“I try to stay low-key,” he said. “I do what I have to do with the media. Other than that, I am all football. It’s not that I’m not comfortable with it. To me, I’m here to play football. That’s what I want to do.”

Inactives:

Baltimore Ravens -

San Francisco 49ers -

Tags: Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL

140 Responses to “Super Bowl XLVII Gameday: Baltimore Ravens Vs. San Francisco 49ers”

1 2 3 ... 9
  1.  GmenMania says:

Meh.

2.  GmenMania says:

@FF55 I guarantee that there is NO way Reese trades up into the top of the first round. That’s just not his MO, especially not from where we are at #19. Besides, most of the teams that trade up into the early first have to give up a lot, and they’re doing it to get a franchise QB. We already have one of those.

I didn’t say he WILL. I said he could, and still probably fill his needs from this draft. But it would be a LOT more likely if he also had been given a first round pick for Cruz from someone. Say he had the #19 and the #25 pick in his pocket. You think it’s inconceivable that he’d then trade the #19 and our second round pick (plus something else) to get Luke Joeckel, knowing he still had a pick in the first round from which he could conceivably get Trufant or Rhodes and certainly could get one of his highest rated defensive tackles?

Just because he hasn’t tended to trade up (he HAS done that, btw, just doesn’t do it often) doesn’t mean he wouldn’t.

By the way, don’t be surprised if he signs Phillips and puts a second round tender on Brown, or even doesn’t sign KP but still puts the tender on Brown because he figures Will Hill is going to be the replacement for Phillips.

•  GmenMania says:

I don’t think a team with a top 5 pick would take the #19 pick and our second rounder, and I don’t think it would be smart to give up two 1st rounders to move up to get Joeckel. Therefore, I don’t see it happening.

#19, #51 and two later picks, or a player. Worth exploring at the very least.

Joeckel means you have a great tackle for the next decade, perhaps one of the very best seen in years. He’s already better than Beatty before Flaherty gets to teach him. Beatty, Joeckel, Baas and two guards who are pretty good (maybe Mosley, maybe others) plus Eli, Nicks, Randle, Wilson, Bennett, Richardson, Brown, Jernigan, a few draftees from this year? No one is stopping that offense. No one.

•  GmenMania says:

You also seem to forget that if Joeckel turns out to be what you think he will be, we would have to give him a HUGE contract extension after his rookie contract expires, something to the tune of what Joe Thomas got (7 years, $82 million). You have to factor that into the equation, as the other two potential draftees (first rounders) would probably cost significantly less than that combined.

Anyway, it probably doesn’t matter, as I highly doubt we will end up getting a first rounder for Cruz.

3.  Nosh.0 says:

Kujo-
    That’s my mistake I misinterpreted your point.

Here’s my point. Both Cruz and Nicks are invaluable to the team. It shows in that the only news we’ve heard out of the Giants so far in regarding contracts has been for Cruz and Nicks.

And while there is an argument to be made that Nicks is better than Cruz, it’s not as clear cut as I think most are making it. They both have different skill sets that compliment one another and to keep one and not the other seems counterproductive.

But if the Giants really were forced right now to choose Cruz or Nicks, taking into account every factor including health, the debate gets a lot closer than posters on here would lead you to believe. The idea that Nicks is far and away the more valuable WR is not correct. And i’d be willing to bet teams around the league agree. If both we’re UFA’s today I believe Cruz would get the bigger deal. But obviously this will never happen so it’s a moot point.

Now Nicks willingness to take less money also comes into play. Nicks at 7 mill per and Cruz at 9 mill, well then you could see why the team may choose one over the other. But strictly from an on field production stand point, Nicks vs. Cruz does not have a runaway winner.

The bottom line is that both WR’s need to be kept, and if they’re not it will be a monumental screw up by both the organization and the player/agent.

•  Nosh.0 says:

And the only reason I get so fired up about it is because it seems people around here really do undervalue the guy. The idea that we’d jettison Cruz in order to keep Marty B and Phillips? Or actually think it would be beneficial to the team to let him walk this year for a #1 pick?

And I believe if we could get a #1 pick for Nicks nobody would entertain the idea. Nor should they. But it really shouldn’t be entertained with Cruz either.

Anyway I’ve made my case. If you guys still disagree than that’s what it is. Time will tell what happens with both guys.

I agree time will tell. I disagree with the rest. But don’t mis-characterize what I’ve said. I would allow him to go if it meant keeping Bennett and Phillips AND getting a first-round pick. Big difference.

We’ll have to just wait and watch. Ideally, Reese says “Kid, we love you and while we have to tender you this season I expect to dump a lot of cap space next year and we can take care of you then. Meanwhile, live on last year’s salary even though you’ll get about $2MM more and take the after-tax difference and buy an insurance policy from this company that we know will write it for you. It won’t make you rich if you get hurt, but it will get you enough that you will be able to live a pretty good life no matter what happens. And you’ll be here, near home and family and friends, and the public persona in New York will be worth a fortune. Look at Michael Strahan. That could be you in a decade if you’ll just give up one year of what you are worth. Think hard about it. real hard.”

Hopefully, if the above is said Cruz is level-headed enough to know he should sign. No one wants to see him leave. But, again, I’m talking about what to do in 2013, not 2014. That is an entirely different matter, and you seem not to want to acknowledge that and keep making these broadsides that aren’t really what I’m talking about.

Ah well, have to go to a party where I will sulk about the iants being on the outside looking in. This time last year my son and I were sitting at the 40-yard line in Lucas Oil Stadium so pumped up we could have taken off for the moon and made it. This sucks.

4.  G-MenFan says:

Poetic justice:

Ray Lewis watches as Justin Tucker practices on the sideline, kicking into the net for the upcoming field goal. It’s 23-21 San Fran with 7 seconds remaining and Flacco has driven the Ravens to the SF 20 and called their final time out.

Tucker wobbles onto the field, shaking like Janet Reno on a hayride. He then promptly smother-hooks a belly-laugher into a cheerleader’s head and the Ravens lose.

I love happy endings.

5.  kujo says:

I’m gonna say something that I never thought I would ever say. And I say it for no other reason than that I desperately want to avoid the sight of Ray Lewis, in the throws of full ecstasy at midfield, prostrating and pretending to thank God while the press race over to capture this vapid narcissist’s self-centered celebration…

Let’s go 49ers.

6.  Samardzija says:

Not a fan of Lewis, but Id love to see Ed Reed get a ring….

•  TuckThis says:

That’s exactly what I said the other day. I’m rooting for Reed.

And if those kids singing America didn’t break your heart, I’m not sure what to say. Go Ravens!

It’s 30 mins to Kettle Chips.

And shortly after we will be officially dethroned as champs. An honor we richly deserve based on our play this year.

8.  Samardzija says:

Alisha Keys is a gorgeous woman….

9.  kujo says:

I’m not into black women, but Alisha Keys is one of the most beautiful women I’ve ever seen

10.  Samardzija says:

Hahah GoDaddy commercial.. Win!

1 2 3 ... 9