Next season, Super Bowl XLVIII will be held at MetLife Stadium, home of both the New York Giants and New York Jets in East Rutherford, N.J., on February 2, 2014. The NFL has released a schedule of events that will take place in the New York/New Jersey area during the week leading up to kickoff.
- Super Bowl Boulevard is a free festival held during the week of the big game. It is open to everyone, and will be especially child friendly. Next year it will be held January 29th through February 1st and it will stretch from 44th Street, down Broadway, to 34th Street. Many interactive activities will be held for the fans including catching balls, throwing touchdowns and kicking field goals. Fans will also be able to see the Lombardi Trophy which will be on display, attend nightly concerts, get autographs from players and participate in several other exhibits.
- The Sheraton Hotel in midtown will act as the Super Bowl Media Center where more than 5,000 members of the media will be present with credentials.
- On January 31st, the Friday Night Party and the annual NFL Honors awards show will be held.
- The NFL will use its offices on Park Avenue as its main headquarters during the week.
- Media Day will be held at the Prudential Center in Newark on January 28th.
- The NFL Tailgate Party will be held at the Grandstands of the Meadowlands Racetrack just before kickoff.
- Both teams will be staying in hotels located in New Jersey. The team representing the NFC will practice at the Timex Performance Center in East Rutherford, while the AFC team will practice at the Jets' facility in Florham Park.
This will be the first time the Super Bowl will be held in the New York/New Jersey area. The possibility of the elements being a factor has some unhappy, but New York will surely offer the players and fans a unique and memorable Super Bowl experience.
Also…Football, MetLife Stadium, New York, New York Giants, New York Jets, NFL, Super Bowl
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/pg5