Childers (6'4'', 247 lbs.) was originally signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the St. Louis Rams, but played only one preseason game prior to being released. He played his college ball at Coastal Carolina where he was both a tight end and a quarterback.
Jackson (6'3'', 183 lbs.) was also signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the Indianapolis Colts. He was waived/injured and later signed by the Washington Redskins and remained on their practice squad all season. He played his college ball at University of Pittsburgh and had a rather impressive Pro Day (video above).
Finally, Rogers (6'2'', 203 lbs.) signed with the New Orleans Saints as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2011. His stay there didn't last long and he ended up spending his rookie preseason with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, where he made all three of his field goal attempts and punted the ball six times for a 41.7-yard gross average. He played his college ball at University of Cincinnati, where he remains the school's all-time scoring leader with 399 points.
The addition of these three now brings the Giants' tally of reserve/futures deals up to 20.
Also…Buddy Jackson, Football, Jake Rogers, Jamie Childers, New York, New York Giants, NFL
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- New York Giants Sign WR Kris Adams and CB Antonio Dennard to Reserve/Futures Contracts
- New York Giants Sign Six Players to Reserve/Futures Contracts
- New York Giants Sign Curtis Painter, Michael Jasper & Five Others to Reserve/Futures Contracts
- New York Giants Sign OL Chris DeGeare to a Reserve/Futures Contract
- New York Giants Sign Guard Bryant Browning to Reserve/Futures Contract
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/p89