January 24th, 2013 at 10:45 AM
By Paul Tierney

New York Giants fullback Henry Hynoski is from Pennsylvania. He was born in Elysburg, won four state championships at Southern Columbia High School and went on to play fullback at the University of Pittsburgh. However, Hynoski's Pennsylvania roots are not going to lure him back home this offseason. Instead, he's going to train at the Timex Performance Center, which is where the Giants team facilities are located.

When asked how he was going to spend the next six months before the start of training camp, all Hynoski could talk about was his preparations for 2013.

"I’m just going to stay here and work out," Hynoski said to Giants.com. "I’m going to be living up here in New Jersey and getting ready for the next season. "

In 2011, after forgoing his senior season at Pittsburgh, Hynoski entered the NFL Draft as one of the top rated fullbacks. However, he suffered a hamstring injury at the NFL Scouting Combine that caused him to go undrafted. He signed with the Giants soon after the conclusion NFL Lockout, where he quickly earned himself the starting fullback position. Although we do not hear his name called too often, Hynoski has been a reliable lead blocker for Ahmad Bradshaw since his arrival in East Rutherford.

If Hynoski can learn become more integrated within the Giants offense, more so around the goal line than anywhere else, he will quickly become recognized as one of the best fullbacks in the NFL. He's a fearless blocker who continually demonstrates a thorough understanding of a rather complicated offensive scheme. If he can learn to become an occasional goal line threat with the ball in his hands, Hynoski will have a long career in the NFL.

By staying at the team facilities this offseason, we know he has the work ethic and will power to transform himself into one of the league's best fullbacks. Many players go home during the offseason, maybe take a vacation and get away from the game for a while. There's nothing wrong with that. However, while everyone else is out to lunch, Henry Hynoski is going to be in weight room getting ready to help his team redeem themselves for a tremendously disappointing 2012 campaign.

Photo Credit: Mike Gannon

Tags: Ahmad Bradshaw, Football, Giants.com, Henry Hynoski, New Jersey, New York, New York Giants, NFL, NFL Draft, Pittsburgh

116 Responses to “New York Giants’ Henry Hynoski Will Remain Local, Train at Timex Performance Center This Offseason”

1 2 3
  1.  BigBlueGiant says:

i too will remain local in the offseason. Too much work.

2.  kujo says:

Again, just to reiterate, we are NOT going to go after Revis. So please…let’s just not even talk about it.

3.  demo3356 says:

LOL, I think its cute how some folks still think we are going to go after some big time free agents or trade for some high priced stars.. Yup like 9 mil over the cap and close to 30 free agents of our wn between UFA, RFA, ERFA but we are going to sign or trade for some big money players… I’m guessing these folks are expecting Santa clause or the Easter Bunny to bring then…

4.  GIANTT says:

Hopefully Henry will not get too enamoured of his broadcasting career and get together with Eli on those short passes and come in to camp ready to present the coaches with more options

5.  demo3356 says:

rlhjr says:
    January 24, 2013 at 10:42 AM
    Curiously enough, if the Crap Birds would sign Revis and let go of Nandi, he would fit Fewell’s limp wristed scheme to a tee.
    For sure the guy is no lockdown corner. But he’s smart, pretty darn athletic and has some speed. I’m sure he’d love playing with Cruz rather than against him or Nicks.
    ———————————————————————————————-
    There is so much wrong with this post that I’m not sure where to begin.. BUT, what I will say is that Asomuga was a MONSTER shut down press corner in Oakland because of his size, strength, length and knack for man handling receivers.. His problem in Phily was that Lopez Tonight changed the defense when he took over from an attacking blitzing defense with man press behind it to more of a zone defense and thats one of the the reason he fell apart. He is absolutely NOT a zone type guy. Also hurting him is that refs are not letting him maul receivers the way they used to and are calling more penalties on him

•  demo3356 says:

Once Namdi is cut he needs to go where ever Rob Ryan ends up. He is custom made for what Ryan does..

•  kujo says:

Thought the same thing when I read this post.

•  demo3356 says:

I mean literally every point he made was the exact opposite of the truth

•  kujo says:

So you’re saying he Kujo’ed it?

•  rlhjr says:

I will say in my defense that Nandi cant cover Cruz with a blanket. And that started from the first game he played against him.

Also, Nandi has been used to press in the Philly scheme. And that was epic failure. He would be no worse than Webster, (maybe better) in Fewell’s scheme.

•  Krow says:

… and … he’ll be a 32 year old CB in 2013.

•  demo3356 says:

yep..Has JR EVER gone after a high priced player over the age of 30? I’m not sure he’s ever dropped Big $$ on any free agent older than 26-27.. It’s almost like we are the only people that pay attention to what our beloved team does and doesnt do..

•  kujo says:

Is anyone seriously considering we go after Nnamdi, though? Or was he just grousing?

•  Begiant says:

I posted this a couple weeks ago. Reese does a nice job of signing guys to contracts that expire when they are just declining. Webster next year is an example. While the Eagles still have Nnamdi for multiple years and he has already declined. (or is out of system)

•  rlhjr says:

Damn guys, you mean I hosed it that bad? Sorry….LOL
            Wish I got as much love when I nail stuff.

•  rlhjr says:

I said it would never happen. Just a thought. But hammer on.

6.  kujo says:

Not sure where this skepticism about Beatty has come from over the last few days, but it’s not something I share. He’s become a very good left tackle, albeit not anything close to whatever “elite” is. But more important than that subjective analysis, he’s a) the best left tackle on our roster currently and b) the best all-around offensive linemen on our team right now. Could we find someone to replicate, or even surpass, his play? Sure. But are we willing to go another 1-3 years of training wheels during Eli’s prime?

I understand not wanting to “go big” with interior linemen, but if you have a good left tackle, and you can sign him for a reasonable (or slightly better than reasonable so as to keep the player happy) amount, I just think you have to do it. If Beatty prices himself out of our ability to retain him, that will be different. But there just seems to be a lot of cavalier “we can do better” talk around here.

I think we could “do better”, but that wouldn’t be the case for two years, and we cannot afford to give up two years of Eli’s career waiting for a guy to equal what Beatty now offers.

Unless we could get Joeckel, in which case all bets are off. I’d take him over Beatty as of the first game in September. He’s THAT good. Since we won’t get him, Reese will sign Beatty unless he becomes a pig.

I’m not so sure about Boothe, though. He played well these last two seasons but he isn’t anything that special. If he prices himself too high Reese will let him go. He will grab a free agent with a few years left and draft a youngster who will be able to compete with Mosley for who gets Snee’s job in 2014, the other hopefully capable of playing the other side.

•  kujo says:

Yeah Boothe is someone we could do better than

The issue with replacing Boothe is you are probably replacing him with a similar type of player through free agency. Or we have to invest a fairly early rounf pick on a ready to start guard prospect. But I just don’t see us starting a rookie on the OL as the “A” plan.

•  Begiant says:

————————–

Really? you would take a consensus top 5 pick and rumored first overall LT over the oft injured yet above average Will Beatty? Shocker.

Though speaking of Philly CBs the only possible guy could be DRC if Webster is cut. If Webster is cut we will target a player that’s a free agent after 4-5 years in the NFL. DRC fits that. I prefer Keenan Lewis from Pitt or if we can afford him Sean Smith from Miami. DRC and Smith seem more likely to be out of our price range than Lewis who’s more of a high end #2 or low end #1 type CB.

•  Begiant says:

I like Sean Smith he has size. I think he may have had some issues in Miami…I feel like he may have been in the dog house a year or two ago. I do not think he will be that expensive but a lot of teams overpay corners so who knows.

I am not a fan of DRC.

I thing about getting a player like Revis on the last year of his deal but considered the best at his position is that the franchise tag is your friend. Franchise tag is the average of the top 5 salaries so since that what Revis would make that anyway it’s no fear for the team. He might be unhappy but at least you have security as the team.

We don’t normally deal in franchise tag situations because our players while good normally don’t fit top 5 in their positions or we extend them early. JPP could be the exception. Nicks is also close but with his injury concerns he probably shouldn’t be paid quite like a top 5 WR. But JPP assuming a comeback season in 2013 considering his age should be paid as highly as any DE in the NFL. JJ Watt is still on his rookie deal. And guys like Jared Allen and Peppers are older. So the franchise tag seems possible with JPP and even Nicks as short term solutions to get a long term deals done in the 2014 and 2015 offseasons.

9.  Begiant says:

If we are just cutting Webster to sign a “better” corner in FA we might as well just keep Webster. Maybe offer him a slight paycut (well above what he would get if he was cut). Webster was great in 2011 and had a terrible year last year…I am willing to bet he will improve next year. Might as well let Webster ride out his deal and draft a high round Corner (Banks, Rhodes, Trufant or Poyer) in order to fill his vacancy in 2014

10.  Chad Eldred says:

Revis would make a nice one year rental for some team that feels shoring up their secondary is the key to putting them in contention. Tamap might be a match for him. Most likely scenario is that the Jets don’t like any of hte offers they get and let him play out his contract.

Nnamdi is not a fit for this defense.

I would say the same thing to those who question Beatty as I would to Cowboy fans who want to get rid of Romo. Who do you plan to replace him with. Get the guy signed.

Boothe is exactly the kind of player we have a habit of not re-signing. There is nothing wrong with him, he played well, but he will likely get offerred more than he is worth. Kevin Boss, Barry Cofield, etc, all fit this mold.

•  Begiant says:

I mean at the right price sure. I was blasted yesterday for NOT wanting to trade multiple high round picks LMAO. I would be listening to a single high round pick (if I am confident I can resign him) or just a mid round rental pick (like keith rivers but maybe higher)

If we wanted him we would have all the leverage (besides other teams but I am assuming no one would want a bidding war for a player with all those problems)…but we don’t want him and we don’t need him.

•  Chad Eldred says:

If I were a truly interested GM I would give a 3rd for Revis, but start by offering less. And like I said, I’d have to be convinced he would fill a pressing need. I think everyone would agree that at his age, coming off of a major injury, he isn’t a guy you build around. It’s tough not to remember what the guy has done and dream a bit. He just isn’t likely to be that player again. Who knows, he could be Charles Woodson and play well forever. It’s just not something to gamble on.

1 2 3