The Giants will be the second to last non-playoff team to draft behind only the Chicago Bears, who finished at 10-6. The Giants are also the only 9-7 team in the league, which hasn't happened since the San Diego Chargers did it in 2010.
Over the last four years, the Giants have done exceptionally well in the first round, drafting running back David Wilson (2012), cornerback Prince Amukamara (2011 – 19th overall), defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul (2010), Hakeem Nicks (2009) and safety Kenny Phillips (2008).
Although it's far too early to legitimately speculate a potential target (NFL combine and free agency will dramatically shift any early focus), here's a quick look at some notable draft picks taken 19th overall:
- Wide receiver Jeremy Maclin (Philadelphia Eagles, 2009)
- Cornerback Antonio Cromartie (San Diego Chargers, 2006)
- Running back Shaun Alexander (Seattle Seahawks, 2000)
- Tackle Luke Petitgout (New York Giants, 1999)
- Wide receiver Marvin Harrison (Indianapolis Colts, 1996)
- Guard Randall McDaniel (Minnesota Vikings, 1988)
Also…David Wilson, Football, Jason Pierre-Paul, Luke Petitgout, New York, New York Giants, NFL, NFL Draft
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/ogf