“I don’t really know what to do with it,” Reed said after the game on Sunday. “I thought it was a decent hit. He got up from it. I think Cruz got up.”
Reed is no stranger to fines for illegal hits, and was suspended for one-game earlier this season for a brutal hit on Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders. The suspension was overturned, but Reed was still fined $50,000.
The hit on Cruz drew a flag and a 15-yard penalty for hitting a defenseless player in the head and neck area. A league spokesman confirmed that was the right call on the field (obviously), although some have argued it was a clean hit.
In the 1980's the hit was clean. Here in 2012 under NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, the hit was as dirty as they come.
Also…Baltimore, Baltimore Ravens, Ed Reed, Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Victor Cruz
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- New York Giants at Baltimore Ravens: Week 16 Game Preview
- Baltimore Ravens Place Jameel McClain on IR; Do not Activate Ray Lewis
- Seven New York Giants “Questionable” for Week 16 Game Against Baltimore Ravens
- New York Giants, Baltimore Ravens Week 16 Game Flexed to 4:25 PM EST
- John Harbaugh: Baltimore Ravens Do not Fear New York Giants Pass Rush
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/oa7