Giants Gameday: New York Giants Vs. New Orleans Saints

December 9th, 2012 at 2:25 PM
Week 14
Dec. 9th, 2012
New Orleans SaintsNew York Giants
Game Details
Time: 4:25 PM EDT
Stadium: MetLife Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)
Broadcast: FOX
Q – Hakeem Nicks
P – Michael Boley
P – Ahmad Bradshaw
O-Out D-Doubtful Q-Questionable P-Probable

Player/Coach Quotes:

Jason Pierre-Paul:

“We already know what he’s capable of, and his targets and stuff, so we’ll go out there and play some great football," JPP said. "And we ain’t gotta worry about the option.”

Osi Umenyiora:

“We need to play better on the football field, period," Umenyiora said. “Mentally, physically, everything, man. We’re just not playing as well as we’re accustomed to. We’re not playing as well as we should. I don’t think it’s us going out there trying to be nasty or hurt people or be mean. I just think we need to get our coverage right, we need to get our pass rush right, offensively we need to move the ball and score touchdowns. Everybody needs to do their job. That’s pretty much what it boils down to."

Perry Fewell:

“Obviously, we want to close out and be able to finish games. The opponents executed better than we have,” Fewell said. “My frustration is our execution. I think we’ve been in position to make plays to get off the field and do that. And we could not do that.”

Corey Webster:

“We want to be the best defense; we don’t want to be down in the rankings,” Webster said. “I want to be No. 1. I want to be the best secondary. That’s how I work; that’s how I come here, to get better. When that doesn’t happen, or when the stats don’t say the same — we don’t look for stats, but I’m just saying, if they don’t say the same, something’s got to be done, something’s got to happen.”

Inactives:

New York Giants – Tyler Sash, Travis Beckum, Adewale Ojomo, Marvin Austin, Adrien Robinson, Ryan Torain and Kenny Phillips.

New Orleans Saints – Corey White, Charles Brown, Chris Ivory, Mike Higgins, Turk McBride, Tyrunn Walker and Scott Shanle.

Tags: Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL

314 Responses to “Giants Gameday: New York Giants Vs. New Orleans Saints”

1 2 3 ... 23
  1.  Dirt says:

The good news is that the Ravens appear to be employing an unorthodox strategy today: throwing all over the field against the worst pass defense in history.

2.  kujo says:

I’ve decided that the reason we’ve been so erratic this season is because Benton hasn’t chimed in with his weekly dour prediction before game time. Shame on you, Daniel.

3.  dremac82 says:

so kp’s a go?

4.  rlhjr says:

And that something Cory/EVERYBODY is to just play football the best you can.
    Because at the end of the day, it’s only effort and talent that take the day.
    Stats don’t mean $h|+. The past doesn’t mean $h|+. It’s only effort and the will to win that define teams and individuals.

It’s the general consensus here that this ball club (injuries aside) is talented.
    If that is true (I think they are overall) then the only details are a sound game plan from the coaches and the will to get it done on behalf of the players.

5.  Dirt says:

I give up trying to figure it out – the Redskins do weird things to Killdrive.

XLII was very satisfying part because I sat in sleet/freezing rain and 50 MPH wind gusts in Week 15 as Eli threw 50+ passes in a game that never exceeded 1 score.

Then this past week he goes too far in the other direction and runs the ball as many times as he calls passes against the worst secondary ever trailing in the 2nd half.

I’m over it, I’m just going to expect something terrible to happen against Washington from here on out.

6.  Dirt says:

Give me 34-20. G-Men.

7.  turkish says:

27-17 Saints

I’m expecting another uninspired performance form Tuck and Diehl to struggle again.

8.  Valid says:

Anyone just see Reggie Nelson lay out Bryant only to get a b.s. penalty? One of the worst calls I’ve ever seen.

9.  rlhjr says:

Geno Atkins…was this guy a “could have been” Giant?
    Where was he picked in relation to Austin? Way in advance I pray.
    The kid is a straight beast from the DT slot.

10.  rlhjr says:

D. (big mouth) Hall being owned by Quan Bolden man to man.
    Hall is a joke in man coverage.

1 2 3 ... 23