February 17th, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Think you've seen the salsa dance for the last time this year? Think again. New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz has been nominated as "Dance Machine" (Best Celebration) for the Cartoon Network's 2012 Hall of Game Awards and will be in attendance when the winner is announced this coming Monday at 7:00 PM EST on Cartoon Network.

Those also nominated for Dance Machine aka Best Celebration are:

• Novak Djokovic (Tennis)
  • Minnesota Lynx (WNBA)
  • Carl Edwards (NASCAR)

Cruz sure has been making the rounds recently, attending a wide variety of autograph signings, presenting awards at the GRAMMY's and gearing up for several other events. Still, no amount of awards or accolades could top winning the Lombradi Trophy in only his second season.

Be sure to tune in this Monday night and get your salsa on with the Giants' single-season leader in receiving yards.

Tags: Football, New York, New York Giants, NFL, Victor Cruz

67 Responses to “New York Giants’ Victor Cruz Nominated as “Dance Machine” for 2012 Hall of Game Awards”

1 2 3 4
  1.  jcharles says:

That’s right… It’s the UUT Re-post Bi-tches!!!!!

jcharles says:
    February 17, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    Original OG!!!! i have been screaming that for a long long time now. Dude was nervous, flustered, throwing up passes…… they talk about eli making 2 boneheaded throws a game, i think Brady was the one doing that in the Superbowl. All that screaming and yelling and pointing up at the sky

After his first td it took him a while to celebrate…. almost like he was nervous or afraid… then when people noticed he started yelling ” yeah… Yeah…” and all that. The pats and Brady are Done!!! write it down and book it… that ” mojo” is gone. Tom has not won a superbowl since this offense wa sdependant upon him….. Eli just did.

Brady had a top 5 defense all those years, a dominant running game and excellent special reams. He never led a td drive to win a SB. all feild goals.

dude lucked out and now because of those 3 rings people just crown his ****. im sorry, but Tom Brady is Who i thought he was AND I AINT LETTIN HIM OFF THE HOOK!

system QB that can’t put a team on his back and lead them to a world title……….. just sayin

jcharles says:
    February 17, 2012 at 1:43 PM
    He’s good. He’s a smart qb that through preperation is a confident player……. but he aint no Peyton and he DEFINATELY aint no Eli The Great!!!!!!!

Damn i love me some Eli!!!

LUZZ says:
    February 17, 2012 at 1:48 PM
    I agree about those audio clips on Brady before kick-off, they were definitely odd. The ones with him jumping around screaming before the game were especially stupid, almost awkward.

jcharles says:
    February 17, 2012 at 1:54 PM
    All i’m saying is after almost being sacked 3 times on the same play he rolls out and tosses up a prayer that Balckburn ( on first down) picks just before Tom he is knocked to the ground by a giants player……… That’s brett favre-ish. That’s bad qb play under pressure.

The safety on the first play under duress…… when he could have rolled out or thrown it our of bounds…… That’s more bad qb play under pressure in the super bowl…. now, i’m not sayin….. i’m just sayin.

The Original G Man says:
    February 17, 2012 at 2:00 PM
    UUT

jcharles says:
    February 17, 2012 at 2:02 PM
    Sound FX is Awsome!!!

so LUZZ and OG ( or anyone else) why do yall think he was that way. Why was he so out of character. After that pick he threw to Blackburn it almost seemed depressed out there. his team and the ref tried to help him up and he just sat there Bradying. Almost like he was under alot of internal ( or external) pressure to win that game.

All i know is that my Boy Eli woulda got right up off the ground after throwing that pick with no help and went to the sidelines to check out the stills.

2.  The Original G Man says:

jcharles:

You may be onto something. He’s supposed to have this whole “Joe Cool” aura about him. Appears inside he’s a nervous wreck. Well, at least when he has to face TGEM and our D! LOL!

3.  The Original G Man says:

I think Brady realizes that was his last chance at winning another ring. That, and the fact that with that loss in the eyes of many he’s no longer on the Mt Rushmore of QBs. Great, great career … but he had a shot to jump into the Johnny U / Joe Montana realm of things and he couldn’t get it done.

How great will it be if 10 years from now it’s TGEM hanging it up with a 4-0 or 5-0 Super Bowl record? :-)

4.  LUZZ says:

I haven’t posted since the end of the regular season but I read this blog every day, so thanks to all for keeping me up to date with all of the quality insight on our beloved Giants.

Include me in the group of people who was hard on Perry Fewel throughout the season. Man, I hated that soft zone. At this point I should acknowledge that Fewel knows more football than I ever will, my bad. Still I really hope we don’t see much of JPP dropping into coverage next year.

I’ve always been an Eli supporter, but to be honest I never came around to the point that he was a top flight QB. I thought he was better than average, but nowhere near great. I couldn’t have been more wrong about my assessment of him. At this point there is no other QB in the league I would rather have leading this team. The sky is the limit for him. I’m now fully onboard with JCharles about his greatness, and feeling a little sheepish that it took me so long to come around. I missed this one, and damn am I glad I was wrong.

To save some face here. I was one of the earliest one’s on Victor Cruz. Did I expect what we got? No way… but I was confident he was a real player after the 2010 preseason.

5.  The Original G Man says:

“Still I really hope we don’t see much of JPP dropping into coverage next year.”

LUZZ:

One, good to see you. Two, if it makes you feel any better, when JPP dropped back into coverage on the TD play in the Super Bowl, he was freelancing. NFL Films has a clip of Fewell reprimanding him for it after the play.

6.  The Original G Man says:

The G101 boys just tweeted this link:

“Why I would trade Osi Umenyiora”

Have to admit, it’s a pretty compelling case. I firmly believe in trading a guy a year too early vs a year too late.

7.  LUZZ says:

JCharles – i don’t think I have an answer to your question. The Patriots are a team that I have always kind of admired from a far, but I’ve not followed their team pysche like I have some of the NFC East teams. I keep a much closer eye on the Cowboys and Eagles.

I think your assessment of a great deal of internal pressure from Kraft on Brady to win this game could be right. Another possiblity is that he simply knew his team didn’t have the weapons that the Giants had in this game and it frustrated him. Not sure but it’s interesting that you have picked up on this. I agree, definitely acting weird.

Brady is the media darling of the NFL. Maybe it’s true, and maybe carrying all that media attention is a burden that eventually gets to these guys. While I’ll never feel sorry for any of them, I will acknowledge that it’s probably harder than any of us know to have the media focus on our performance as they have guys like Brady, Tiger Woods, LeBron James, Arod, etc.

8.  The Original G Man says:

Contrast Brady’s pre-game antics with that of the TGEM. Nothing but business. If you rewatch the game and they flash to a few shots of him during pregame, national anthem, etc. … nothing but a steely look in his eyes.

•  jcharles says:

+10000000000000000

Dayum i love me some Eli MAnning!!!!!!!

That is the first thing i pointed out at my superbowl party.

I told yall years ago. This kid that came and saved Ole Miss is the real deal and you aint seen a qb like him NOW he has reached the mastery of this level as he did in the SEC!!!!

9.  jcharles says:

Good stuff OG and LUZZ

OG. I think EVERYONE on G 101needs to watch Sound FX and NFL REPLAY. they had one of the superbowl lastnight that was different than all the others that have been airing. good stuff and essental for any giants fan who has alot of opinions about the team and its coaches players vibe.

priceless stuff. like fewell telling osi how to play the reverse tht welker pulled off twiceotally submitting to his knowledge.

Brady has not been Brady since the cheating scandal.

He’s an excellent QB … and I seriously doubt he had any direct involvement. But if your OC knows the defense then he’s going to feed you the perfect play.

The Patriots did this for years, and Tom looked like a magician. They won 3 Superbowls … all by slim 3 point margins.

Take away the espionage and who knows what the results might have been. There’s a good chance they’d have nothing … nothing. And Tom Brady wouldn’t be this consensus HOF QB.

It could all be a mirage.

1 2 3 4