The New England Patriots have been hit by the injury bug at both the running back and tight end position as both Shane Vereen and Rob Gronkowski heal from wrist and forearm/back injuries respectively.
As ESPNBoston.com's Field Yates reports, the Patriots brought in running back Jeremy Wright and tight ends Ryan Otten and Bryce Davis for workouts earlier Tuesday.
Otten was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars as an undrafted free agent but was waived by the team. Otten is a 6'6" 241-pound player from San Jose State. Meanwhile, Davis was a long snapper on the Cincinnati Bengals before getting released.
Wright was an undrafted player from Louisville who was signed by the Pittsburgh Steelers.
According to Yates, none of them were given a contract, however, he speculates that the workout was used as a way for the team to track players on their list of free agents.
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- New England Patriots Bring Back OL Tyronne Green; Release Matt Stankiewitch
- Patriots Re-sign Fullback James Develin; Bring Number of Transactions Made Since Cutdown Day to 23
- Patriots Bring Back Offensive Linemen Stankiewitch and Zupancic
- Patriots Release Jeff Tarpinian from Practice Squad; Bring Back Josh Kline
- Patriots Officially Announce Release of Ten Players as Roster Moves Continue
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/11bu