The New England Patriots continue to adjust their roster in what seems like an hourly basis. After claiming four players through waivers and signing six players to practice squad, the Patriots announced the release of their only fullback on the roster in James Develin.
Develin spent most of last season on the Patriots practice squad until the final four weeks of the season where he was part of the 53-man roster.
The release of Develin is a little bit of a surprise after the team released Ben Bartholomew last week. However, for anyone that has followed the Patriots, they know full and well that they didn't carry a fullback last year either. Backup tight end Michael Hoomanawanui was used as the team's fullback last season, so maybe it looks like the Patriots will be doing the same this season and using that roster spot to address another need.
It should also be noted that a day after Leon Washington was cut by the Patriots, his locker has yet to be cleaned out. So maybe Washington could be returning to the team, however, it is also to be noted that LeGarrette Blount has been taking some reps as a return man.
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrityoffers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Patriots Make More Roster Moves by Signing CB LeQuan Lewis and Releasing TE Brandon Ford
- Patriots Continue to Make Flurry of Roster Moves, Fill Out Practice Squad
- Patriots Officially Announce Release of Ten Players as Roster Moves Continue
- Patriots Finalize Roster by Releasing 13 Players and Putting Adrian Wilson on IR
- Patriots Continue with Flurry of Roster Moves, Tim Tebow Out, Rob Gronkowski In
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/103z