New England Patriots superstar tight end Aaron Hernandez is in a lot of trouble. The body of his friend, 27-year-old Odin Lloyd, was found roughly a mile from his home in North Attleborough. Lloyd's body was found in a clearing in an industrial park. Police have searched Hernandez's $1.3 million home and several cars registered to him for evidence.
Yesterday, it was mistakenly reported that an arrest was imminent for the 23-year-old. Today is a different story. WBZ Radio in Boston and ABC News both report that an arrest warrant has been issued for the young star on charges of obstruction of justice. Hernandez's lawyers handed over his cell phone in pieces. He also allegedly destroyed his home security system, which included video surveillance.
UPDPATE: Wesley Lowery of the Boston Globe tweeted this:
Stay tuned as this story continues to unfold.
- Aaron Hernandez Likely to Be Arrested in Conjunction with Murder Investigation: Report
- New England Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez Directly Tied to Homicide Investigation
- Aaron Hernandez Destroyed Key Evidence in Homicide Investigation
- Body Found Near Home of Aaron Hernandez Identified, Hernandez Sued for Gun Violence
- New England Patriots’ Aaron Hernandez Being Investigated in Murder Case
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/w9i