Brad Stevens has been named Eastern Conference Coach of the Month. According the nba.com, “The fifth-year Celtics coach guided his squad to a league-best 19-4 record during the first month and a half of the 2017-18 season, despite dealing with a plethora of unexpected obstacles”.
- Brad and the team overcame the Gordon Hayward injury (so far).
- They added 10 new players during the offseason.
- The team’s margin of Victory is 7 point per game (teamrankings.com).
- The team’s opponents points per game is first in the league (teamrankings.com).
- Brad and the Celtics produced a 16 game win streak.
To top it all off, Wednesday (11/29) was the first time that the Celtics made it into their Waltham practices facility in over a month (nbcsports.com). That makes this accomplishment even more impressive. Brad coached through film, during games, on buses, on visitor practices courts – but without dedicated time at home. In my opinion, that makes his revisions and iterations even more unique.
Congratulations, Brad and the Celtics.
View the original article on Celtics Extra: Brad Stevens Named Coach of the Month