NASCAR Nationwide Series regular Joey Gase will make his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series debut in the MyAFibStory.com 400 at Chicagoland Speedway on September 14th. Gase, a 21-year-old driver from Cedar Rapids, Iowa will drive the #32 Go FAS Racing Ford in the event. Gase has run the entire 2014 NASCAR Nationwide Series schedule for veteran car owner Jimmy Means. Gase is excited about the opportunity.
"I am very excited and thankful that Archie and the entire team are giving me this opportunity,” said Gase. “My Nationwide Series career started with Go FAS in 2011 which led to a great 20th place finish. Hopefully I can get another good finish with the team on the 14th in my first ever cup start.”
The #32 Ford is currently 38th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series owner point standings and has had several drivers in the car throughout the 2014 season. Travis Kvapil has been behind the wheel 15 times with Terry Labonte in for three races, Blake Koch and Boris Said for two, and Eddie MacDonald and JJ Yeley for one.
Gase is currently 20th in the NASCAR Nationwide Series point standings and has a best finish of 11th which came at Talladega Superspeedway in April. Gase has four top 25 finishes in the 2014 season. In his career Gase has 66 career NASCAR Nationwide Series starts including his first five starts in his NASCAR Nationwide Series career which came with Go Green Racing which merge with FAS Lane Racing in the Sprint Cup Series to form Go FAS Racing this season.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Erik Jones Will Make NASCAR Nationwide Series Debut at Chicagoland Speedway
- Eddie MacDonald Will Make His NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Debut at New Hampshire Motor Speedway
- Ty Dillon Set to Make NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Debut at Atlanta Motor Speedway Sunday
- Brett Moffitt Will Make NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Debut This Weekend at Dover International Speedway
- Nelson Piquet Jr Will Make NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Debut at Watkins Glen
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1ezx