NASCAR has penalized three NASCAR Camping World Truck Series teams following violations after the UNOH 200 at Bristol Motor Speedway held last Thursday morning. The three trucks penalized Tuesday include the race winning #19 Ford of Brad Keselowski, the #00 Chevrolet of Cole Custer and the #30 Chevrolet of Ron Hornaday Jr.
All three teams were found in violation of section 12-1 (Actions detrimental to Stock Car Racing) and sections 20B-12.8 1- (Truck failed to meet post-race height requirements).
The penalty was a P2 penalty as outlined in the 2014 NASCAR rule book .
As a result each team will lose 10 championship driver and 10 championship owner points in the 2014 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series season. The penalty drops title contender Ron Hornaday Jr from third to fourth in the standings and drops him to 27 points off of leader Johnny Sauter.
Crew chiefs Joe Shear Jr (#00), Doug Randolph (#19) and Doug George (#30) have also been fined $5,000.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Brad Keselowski Wins UNOH 200 at Bristol for First NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Win
- Three NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Teams Hit with Post-Race Penalty
- UNOH 200 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Race at Bristol Postponed Until Thursday
- Kyle Busch Motorsports Penalized for Second Straight NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Violation
- Jake Crum’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series License Downgraded
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1eyb