On Tuesday Red Bull Racing announced that Max Verstappen has been signed to drive for the Red Bull Junior Team. The 16-year-old from the Netherlands is the son of Jos Verstappen who raced in 107 Formula One races from 1994 until 2003.
Max is considered one of the most promising young drivers in Europe right now. He has won seven times this season in the FIA Formula 3 European Championship driving for Van Armersfoort Racing.
“It goes without saying that I’m very happy and I feel honored to be part of the Red Bull Junior Team, which has successfully brought and guided many drivers into Formula One,” said Verstappen. “I will take this opportunity with both hands in order to develop and maximize my career with Red Bull. I want to thank Dr. Helmut Marko for his involvement in making this partnership possible and I want to thank Red Bull for putting their trust in me.”
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull Racing Have Struggled to Start the 2014 Formula 1 Season
- Haas Formula the Name and Haas Automation the Sponsor of New Formula One Team
- FRR F1 Team Expected to Join the Formula One Grid After Gaining Approval
- Daniel Ricciardo Makes Late Passes to Win Hungarian Grand Prix for Red Bull Racing
- 2014 Formula One Season Preview; Opener This Weekend in Australia
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1egt