In his second career ARCA Racing Series start Brandon Jones has earned his first career pole position. He laid down the fastest lap in qualifying Friday for the SCOTT Get Geared Up 200 at Lucas Oil Raceway and will look to make it two wins in two starts in ARCA action tonight at 9 p.m. ET when the race goes green.
The 17-year-old Jones is running the No. 4 Chevrolet for Turner Scott Motorsports, the same car he won his ARCA debut in at Winchester Speedway when he made a last lap pass on Mason Mitchell after contact. Mitchell, the current points leader, will start from second tonight.
Ken Schrader will start third, Tom Hessert fourth, Justin Allison fifth, Justin Boston sixth, JJ Haley seventh, Austin Wayne Self eighth, Matt Tifft ninth, and Frank Kimmel tenth. Other notables in the starting lineup of the 31 car field are Kyle Weatherman in 12th, John Wes Townley 13th, Grant Enfinger 15th, Cody Coughlin 16th, AJ Fike 21st, and Bobby Gerhart 22nd.
The SCOTT Get Geared Up 200 can be seen live on Fox Sports 1 at 9 p.m. ET tonight.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
Tags: ARCA Racing Series, Austin Wayne Self, Bobby Gerhart, Brandon Jones, Frank Kimmel, Grant Enfinger, John Wes Townley, Justin Allison, Justin Boston, Ken Schrader, Lucas Oil Raceway, Mason Mitchell, Matt Tifft, Motorsports, Tom Hessert
- Brandon Jones Wins Controversial Herr’s Chase the Taste 200 at Winchester Speedway
- Mason Mitchell Wins First Career ARCA Racing Series Race Saturday at Chicagoland Speedway
- Brian Scott Takes Pole for Toyota Care 250 at Richmond International Raceway
- Red Bull KTM’s Ryan Dungey Wins Lucas Oil Pro Motocross at Glen Helen Raceway
- Justin Boston Wins First Career ARCA Racing Series Race at Toledo Speedway
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1ds3