JGL Racing announced on Monday that the NASCAR Nationwide Series team has signed Kevin Swindell to drive for the team in select races throughout the remainder of the 2014 season and that Swindell's first race with the organization will be this Saturday's Lilly Diabetes 250 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
The 25-year-old accomplished dirt track racer will be making his 2014 NASCAR Nationwide Series debut at Indianapolis. Swindell has made 20 career starts in the series from 2010 to 2013 including 14 last season for Biagi-DenBeste Racing. His best finish came last season at Indianapolis when he finished eighth. His average finish is 22.6 in his 20 Nationwide Series races.
Last season Swindell made his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series debut at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in September driving for Swan Racing and finished 38th after getting into an accident.
In 2012 Swindell put together a stretch of four great ARCA Racing Series finishes in a row when he won at Chicagoland Speedway and then followed up that with two third place finishes and a second place finish. He drove for Venturini Motorsports in those races.
The No. 93 JGL Racing team owned by Gregg Mixon has attempted all 18 Nationwide Series races this season and is 31st in owner points. In addition to driving the Lilly Diabetes 250, which can be seen at 4 p.m. ET Saturday on ESPN, Swindell will also run other races to be named later for JGL Racing.
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Nationwide News and Notes: Indianapolis Race Named, David Starr, John Wes Townley and Ryan Sieg Get Sponsorship
- Kelly Admiraal and RAB Racing Team up for Bristol NASCAR Nationwide Series Race
- GEICO Honda Dazzles Media with Two-Up Superbike Rides at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Brad Keselowski Turns in Dominant Performance for Weekend Sweep at New Hampshire Motor Speedway
- NASCAR Nationwide Series News: Hattori Racing’s New Focus, Alex Tagliani to Race for Team Penske
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1dn0