On Friday night the NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour was back in action on the Fourth of July for their first race since April 12th and when the Daggett Shuler Attorneys At Law 150 at Caraway Speedway ended it was Andy Seuss winning for the fourth consecutive time at the 0.455 mile track dating back to 2013. For Seuss it was his third win in the five races so far this season and the second for him at Caraway Speedway in 2014.
Overall Seuss now has 10 career wins at Caraway and 18 total wins in the Southern Modified Tour. He started from the pole Friday night and led all 150 laps en route the the victory.
Danny Bohn challenged Seuss early in the race and then defending Tour champion George Brunnhoelzl III pressured Seuss late but Seuss held the bottom lane and ended up winning by 0.802 seconds over Brunnhoelzl. JR Bertuccio finished third with Bohn in fourth. Kyle Ebersole rounded out the top five.
The race had five total cautions for a total of 21 laps. Other notables in the 19 car field were Luke Fleming in 13th one lap down and Burt Myers in 17th after retiring with electrical issues after 72 laps.
The next race on the NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour schedule is the Strutmasters.com 199 at Bowman Gray Stadium on Saturday, August 2nd.
- Andy Seuss Opens NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour Season with Win at Caraway Speedway
- Andy Seuss Picks up South Boston Speedway NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour Win
- JR Bertuccio Wins First Career NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour Race Saturday
- George Brunnhoelzl III Wins NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour Race at Langley
- Doug Coby Wins Postponed NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Event at Stafford Motor Speedway
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1cqo