On Thursday GO FAS Racing announced that Eddie MacDonald will make his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series debut on July 13th at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in the Camping World Sales 301. Hailing from Rowley, Massachusetts MacDonald will be 34-years-old when he makes his debut in the No. 32 Ford.
"I can't thank Archie, Frank, and Mike enough for giving me this opportunity to race in the NASCAR Sprint Cup race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway," MacDonald said. "It has always been a goal to drive a Cup car and to do it at my home track with family, friends, and supporters from all over New England is something very special to me."
MacDonald has made two NASCAR Nationwide Series starts in his career. His first was in 2007 at New Hampshire and the other was in 2009 at Memphis. He also made one NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start in his career. That came in 2010 at New Hampshire.
He is a veteran of 179 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East races over the past 14 seasons. MacDonald has seven career wins the most recent of which came on March 14th at Bristol Motor Speedway. His previous most recent win was back in 2009. This season MacDonald has competed in seven of the nine K&N Pro Series East races. It is the first year since 2007 that he has not raced the full season slate.
The No. 32 team has competed in all 16 races this season and sits 37th in the owner standings. Travis Kvapil has driven 11 races for the team with Terry Labonte in for two, Blake Koch in for two, and Boris Said in last week at Sonoma. Kvapil will drive this weekend at Kentucky Speedway.
- Verteran Eddie MacDonald Wins NASCAR K&N Pro Series East Race at Bristol
- Brett Moffitt Will Make NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Debut This Weekend at Dover International Speedway
- Erik Jones Will Make NASCAR Nationwide Series Debut at Chicagoland Speedway
- Five NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Drivers Entered in NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Sonoma Race
- Matt Crafton to Make NASCAR Nationwide Series Start at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1cgk