"We're retooling things," Humphrey said Tuesday by telephone. "We're just trying to find the right people. … We have not shut down."
The team has run in four races in the 2014 season all with veteran driver Dave Blaney behind the wheel and has a best finish of 33rd. There’s no word if Blaney will continue to be the driver of the team when/if the team continues. Humphrey says the decision for the retooling has nothing to do with money, but simply the performance of his #77 Ford so far in the 2014 season.
"It has nothing to do with financials, it's really more about people and people issues," Humphrey said. "We just weren't as competitive as I wanted us to be, and that really revolves around people. It has nothing to do with financials. I don't have any debt, I own all my stuff. There are no problems like that. It's just a matter of trying to work our way through where we are.”
The team currently sits 48th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series owner points in the 2014 season. Their season got off to a rough start, after a practice crash forced them to withdrawal from the season opening Daytona 500. The team has been in a hole since then and Humphrey says to expect the team back soon.
"You will not see us at Daytona (next weekend), but I do suspect you will be seeing us at Indy forward, hopefully," he said. "That's our plan. We have some meetings that are going on, and we're just interviewing some people. We had to retool some people and that kind of thing to get ourselves in order here."
The #77 team failed to qualify for seven races in 2014 and withdrew from four. The team did not enter last weekend's race at Sonoma Raceway and is not entered this weekend at Kentucky Speedway.Tags: Dave Blaney, Motorsports, NASCAR, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, Randy Humphrey Racing
No related posts.
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1ce0