Thursday night will mark the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series debut for 22-year-old Corey LaJoie when he gets behind the wheel of the No. 92 Ford for Ricky Benton Racing Enterprises. BTS Tire and Wheel Distributors/Tim Cooksey Oil Company/Goodyear FleetHQ will serve as sponsors on the truck for the UNOH 225 at Kentucky Speedway.
His only other NASCAR national series start in his career came last season at Homestead-Miami Speedway driving for Richard Petty Motorsports where he finished 34th. He is signed to a Richard Petty Motorsports developmental contract.
Last season LaJoie made five starts in the ARCA Racing Series and went to victory lane three times in impressive fashion. His wins came at Chicagoland Speedway, Pocono Raceway, and Kentucky Speedway, the site of his doubleheader Thursday and Friday.
In the 2011 and 2012 seasons LaJoie competed full time in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East. The 2012 season was a breakout year for him as he visited victory lane five times in the 14 races and had 10 total top five finishes. He ended up finishing second in the championship to Kyle Larson.
At the age of 18 he won his debut NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour race on the quarter-mile at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
Thursday night's UNOH 225 can be seen at 8 p.m. ET on Fox Sports 1 and Friday night's John R. Elliott HERO Campaign 300 can be seen at 7:45 p.m. ET on ESPN.
- Seven Drivers Will Try to Make Their NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Debut at Martinsville
- NASCAR Nationwide Series and Camping World Truck Series News: Ryan Ellis and Jeb Burton
- Tayler Malsam Will Drive 12 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Races for Turner Scott Motorsports
- Jake Crum’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series License Downgraded
- Tandem Drafting to Be Penalized in the NASCAR Nationwide Series and Camping World Truck Series
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1cda