The 2014 GEICO AMA EnduroCross Championship rookies racing the Sacramento, Atlanta or Salt Lake City rounds are in for a treat. Five-time National Hare and Hound Champion Destry Abbott will be hosting on-track instructional sessions for rookie racers on the Friday nights prior to those events. The first one is scheduled for Friday, June 20th, at Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento.
“Having an off-road living legend like Destry Abbot lead a one-hour, rookies-only, on-track technique seminar is an absolutely amazing opportunity for the GEICO AMA EnduroCross Rookies,” said Mike Karsting, vice president of events for Source Interlink Media, the producer of EnduroCross.“EnduroCross is a racing series that encourages local riders to give it a try," continued Karsting. "And nothing will have first-time racers more prepared for the unpredictable EnduroCross experience like this.”
The one-hour sessions are open to any riders who have never raced an EnduroCross event before, including Amateur, Vet and Women riders. Any riders interested in participating in the class can sign up online.
The evening of the class, participants will gather at Abbott’s DA8training.com Monster Energy Kawasaki race rig in the Sleep Train Arena pits at 5:30 p.m. Then they’ll spend the next hour learning techniques and tips from EnduroCross veteran Abbott and several guest Pro instructors. Afterward, everyone will go back to Abbott’s pits for a recap.
“I’m so happy to be able to get on the track with EnduroCross rookies and show them some of the tips and tricks I use every race to manage the challenging race courses,” said Abbott. “The GEICO AMA EnduroCross events are like no other form of racing, and it’s great the organizers understand first-time EnduroCross riders can really benefit from some additional track time.”
- Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Ryan Villopoto to Miss 2014 AMA Pro Motocross Championship Season
- Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Ryan Villopoto Triumphs at Monster Energy AMA Supercross Finale
- Monster Energy AMA Supercross 250 Titles Decided at Season-Ending Race in Las Vegas
- Monster Energy Graves Yamaha Doubles up at GEICO Motorcycle Superbike Shootout at Sonoma Raceway
- Yoshimura Suzuki’s James Stewart Geared up for Monster Energy AMA Supercross Finale in Las Vegas
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1az1