Former Joe Gibbs Racing crew chief Matt Lucas has joined RAB Racing for the 2014 NASCAR Nationwide Series season. Lucas, who has two wins in the Nationwide Series as a crew chief, will crew chief Scott Lagasse Jr in the Drive4COPD 300 at Daytona International Speedway on February 22nd. It was announced earlier in the week that Lagasse would drive for the team at the historic speedway.
Lucas brings 49 races of experience as a crew chief to the #29 team and won two races in the 2013 season with driver Matt Kenseth when Kenseth drove the #18 Toyota. Lucas joins a fellow Toyota team that could have several drivers fill the seat throughout the 2014 season. There has been no announcement as far as how many races the team will run in 2014 but they will be a second car to the #99 team with driver James Buescher and crew chief Chris Rice.
The #99 team ran all the races in the 2013 season and finished 16th in the owner points standings in 2013. The #29 team ran seven races in 2014 and finished 42nd in owner points.
Lucas also has 36 career wins as an engineer in the Nationwide Series.
- Steve Addington Joins Phoenix Racing for 2014
- Nationwide News and Notes: Cassill in, Wallace Out at JD Motorsports, James Buescher Joins RAB Racing
- Ross Chastain and Ricky Benton Racing Enterprises Team up for the 2014 Truck Series Season
- Josh Wise Joins Phil Parsons Racing in 2014
- Nick Harrison Leaves Phoneix Racing, Joins Richard Childress Racing
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/18dt