As Speedweeks 2014 is drawing closer and closer news out of the NASCAR Nationwide Series came Wednesday as teams get prepared for the annual DRIVE4COPD 300 at Daytona International Speedway.
First it was the news that Roscoe, Illinois native Danica Patrick will drive in the DRIVE4COPD 300 on Saturday, February 22nd. Patrick will drive a #30 entry in the race for Turner Scott Motorsports. Florida Lottery will be on her car as Patrick looks to win her first career NASCAR race. Patrick has made four previous starts in the event registering a best finish of 14th which she did in the 2011 running of the event. Veteran crew chief Mike Greci will work with Patrick for the event.
Also coming out of the Nationwide Series garage was the news that St. Augustine, Florida native Scott Lagasse Jr will drive in the DRIVE4COPD 300 at Daytona International Speedway. Lagasse will run a Toyota in a joint effort with his own Team SLR and RAB Racing. Lagasse will run the #29 Alert Today, Alive Tomorrow Toyota Camry.
“Driving the Alert Today Alive Tomorrow Car at Daytona is a great opportunity for TeamSLR to partner with RAB Racing and FDOT,” said driver Scott Lagasse Jr. “I look forward to working with Robby Benton and crew chief Matt Lucas on the No. 29 Toyota Camry. I am excited to partner with FDOT to spread the word and remind everyone of the dangers for pedestrians and bicycles on the road. We can all help reduce deaths if we stay alert and pay attention. Please join me in making a difference.”
Lagasse will make his 56th career NASCAR Nationwide Series start on Saturday February 22nd and will make his fourth start in the event. In his previous three efforts Lagasse posted a best finish of 32nd which he did in the 2010 season.
- Nationwide News and Notes: Chad Boat to Run Part Time Schedule, Brian Scott to Run in the Daytona 500
- Nationwide Series News and Notes: David Ragan to Run Daytona, Blake Koch in at Tri-Star, Jeffrey Earnhardt Joins JD Motorsports
- Nationwide News and Notes: Cassill in, Wallace Out at JD Motorsports, James Buescher Joins RAB Racing
- Dylan Kwasniewski Will Run the Full NASCAR Nationwide Series Schedule for Turner Scott Motorsports
- Ryan Truex to Drive Camping World Truck Series Daytona Race for Turner Scott Motorsports
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1878