On Monday SWM-NEMCO Motorsports, a NASCAR Camping World Truck Series team, announced that they will compete in the full 22 race schedule in 2014 with their No. 8 truck. Earlier in the offseason it was announced that 16-year-old John Hunter Nemechek would drive the 10 races he is eligible to compete in. Now he will be joined by his father Joe Nemechek who will take the wheel for the remaining 12 races.
John Hunter will drive the 10 races on tracks one mile or less and also the road course event in Canada. In 2013 John Hunter made his Truck Series debut at Martinsville and finished on the lead lap in 16th. He also raced at Phoenix where he finished 21st.
The 50-year-old Joe Nemechek has made over 1,000 career starts in the top three series of NASCAR. In 651 career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starts Nemechek has four wins. He also has made 419 career Nationwide Series starts with 16 wins. He has only made seven career starts in the Truck Series with four top tens. His last truck starts came in 2006.
SWM-NEMCO Motorsports is looking for sponsorship partners on the No. 8 truck for the 2014 season.
- Erik Jones & Kyle Busch to Share Camping World Truck Series Ride
- Kyle Busch and Sam Hornish Jr to Share Joe Gibbs Racing NASCAR Nationwide Series Ride
- John Wes Townley to Drive Full ARCA Racing Series Season for Venturini Motorsports
- John Wes Townley Switching to Wauters Motorsports for 2014 Season
- Tandem Drafting to Be Penalized in the NASCAR Nationwide Series and Camping World Truck Series
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/17qk